Ask a question

Posted Oct 8, 2013
    9:07:34 AM
    View profile
    Computer making copies of a printer

I unplugged my printer to move it.  When I plugged it back in and attempted to use the printer, the computer made a copy of the printer. Now I can't print because the copy shows as being offline and there is no way to choose the real printer.  When I go to device manager the copy does not show up.  How can I remove it so I can print?

Using Gateway  PC

Thanks

Computer making copies of a printer

1 reply
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (1)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 8, 2013 9:44:45 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Try this, go to your start menu and Run (XP) or in the search box (Win7) type in services.msc 

Locate the print spooler, stop the service, check your printers and faxes (xp) or devices and printers (Win7) and you should have no printers showing.  Start your print spooler and then see if your real printer is back again without the ghost.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Computer making copies of a printer

2 of 2 (135 Views)