Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 28, 2014
3:24:12 PM
View profile
Complaint on service

What is with AT&T?  If you wish to complain and have a problem resolved, good luck.  There are centers and people will nicely tell you, "too bad" and don't text and drive.  You will also be told that someone will call you in 24 hours and that never happens.  I have tried to have a number of problems resolved and gotten as many answers as I have phoned.  I made the mistake of switching to Uverse.  The process has been a nightmare.  When asking the Uverse folk on what was involved, I had gotten different answers.  When I found the answers were not correct, I had to call.

There is no number or email address where you can communicate with someone other than the center managers.  They promise you a call back and then it doesn't happen.  

If you get an out of country center, you can't understand them and they will hang up if you ask for an American site or you go back to the basic number and hope the next person in line. 

You will be told things only to have the manager tell you there is no record and that the decision is final.  

Tooooo much hassle for me to go to for a loyal customer of over 35 years.

What is with AT&T?  If you wish to complain and have a problem resolved, good luck.  There are centers and people will nicely tell you, "too bad" and don't text and drive.  You will also be told that someone will call you in 24 hours and that never happens.  I have tried to have a number of problems resolved and gotten as many answers as I have phoned.  I made the mistake of switching to Uverse.  The process has been a nightmare.  When asking the Uverse folk on what was involved, I had gotten different answers.  When I found the answers were not correct, I had to call.

There is no number or email address where you can communicate with someone other than the center managers.  They promise you a call back and then it doesn't happen.  

If you get an out of country center, you can't understand them and they will hang up if you ask for an American site or you go back to the basic number and hope the next person in line. 

You will be told things only to have the manager tell you there is no record and that the decision is final.  

Tooooo much hassle for me to go to for a loyal customer of over 35 years.

Complaint on service

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 11:32:00 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, drfizix!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experiences with some of our care reps. Was there anything in particular we could help with? We have quite a few resourceful community members who may be able to answer some of your questions about U-verse.

If the issue is account specific, you can click here to send us a private message. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, drfizix!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experiences with some of our care reps. Was there anything in particular we could help with? We have quite a few resourceful community members who may be able to answer some of your questions about U-verse.

If the issue is account specific, you can click here to send us a private message. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Complaint on service

2 of 6 (417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 2:46:00 PM
(0)
Contributor
This is the must disgusting excuse for a company. I cancelled my comcast account, and expected my uverse account to be activated the next day. 2 weeks later COUNTLESS HOURS OF AGGRAVATION AND PHONE HOURS and I still have NO SERVICE. The techs lie, and say they came to install but never show up. Save yourself the headaches, DO NOT GET AN ACCOUNT WITH UVERSE. You will never get it activated. THEY ARE UNPROFESSIONAL UNTRAINED AND ABSOLUTELY USELESS!!!!!
This is the must disgusting excuse for a company. I cancelled my comcast account, and expected my uverse account to be activated the next day. 2 weeks later COUNTLESS HOURS OF AGGRAVATION AND PHONE HOURS and I still have NO SERVICE. The techs lie, and say they came to install but never show up. Save yourself the headaches, DO NOT GET AN ACCOUNT WITH UVERSE. You will never get it activated. THEY ARE UNPROFESSIONAL UNTRAINED AND ABSOLUTELY USELESS!!!!!

3 of 6 (305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 3:13:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Did you send a PM to Mariana? 

The link she posted is for AT&T Customer Care, NOT Customer Service.  Many, many people have had their problems solved via Customer Care.

Did you send a PM to Mariana? 

The link she posted is for AT&T Customer Care, NOT Customer Service.  Many, many people have had their problems solved via Customer Care.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 3:21:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Vannac wrote:

So, the 6 million AT&T U-verse TV customers are all still waiting for service.  Well, I know I got mine installed 7 days after I ordered it.  It would have been earlier, but I needed to hold off a few days.

Vannac wrote:

So, the 6 million AT&T U-verse TV customers are all still waiting for service.  Well, I know I got mine installed 7 days after I ordered it.  It would have been earlier, but I needed to hold off a few days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (295 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 12:45:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

JefferMC wrote:

Vannac wrote:

Same with me.  At the time I was to be installed, there was a two week backlog, and AT&T was bringing in techs from other states to help deal with it.  Did I want next-day service?  Sure, who wouldn't?  But if there was such a demand for Uverse that a wait was necessary, THAT in itself says a lot about the number of other customers who were dumping the competition to go with AT&T.

I *did*, however, enjoy the reaction from Comcrud.  My last call to them was the "That's it!  I've had enough!  I'm leaving you this time for REAL!", to which they basically said, "Go ahead...doesn't matter to us."  HOWEVER...what a difference a few days makes...because when I called back to tell them when my final day was going to be (after getting *definite* confirmation that AT&T will have it installed on the date promised), the Kabletown Krew was all of a sudden ready to make new deals to keep me giving them payroll money.  Told 'em thanks but no thanks, and when can they send someone out to get their equipment.  (Which they did, after a few well placed calls/emails.)

Even the installation was less than even what the tech was expecting.  Total time was about 45 minutes, with him spending more time at the VRAD and testing the outside lines than setting up the inside.

Best move I ever made, and continuously kick my behind for waiting so long to get Uverse.

JefferMC wrote:

Vannac wrote:

Same with me.  At the time I was to be installed, there was a two week backlog, and AT&T was bringing in techs from other states to help deal with it.  Did I want next-day service?  Sure, who wouldn't?  But if there was such a demand for Uverse that a wait was necessary, THAT in itself says a lot about the number of other customers who were dumping the competition to go with AT&T.

I *did*, however, enjoy the reaction from Comcrud.  My last call to them was the "That's it!  I've had enough!  I'm leaving you this time for REAL!", to which they basically said, "Go ahead...doesn't matter to us."  HOWEVER...what a difference a few days makes...because when I called back to tell them when my final day was going to be (after getting *definite* confirmation that AT&T will have it installed on the date promised), the Kabletown Krew was all of a sudden ready to make new deals to keep me giving them payroll money.  Told 'em thanks but no thanks, and when can they send someone out to get their equipment.  (Which they did, after a few well placed calls/emails.)

Even the installation was less than even what the tech was expecting.  Total time was about 45 minutes, with him spending more time at the VRAD and testing the outside lines than setting up the inside.

Best move I ever made, and continuously kick my behind for waiting so long to get Uverse.

6 of 6 (250 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments