Complaint about VOIP connection problems

Contributor

Complaint about VOIP connection problems

[ Edited ]

In November I upgraded by ATT home phone and internet service.  My land line was converted to an internet based phone (VOIP).  After initial connection problems were resolved I found out that phone calls that originate from other internet based phone companies (Verizon, etc.) cannot get through to my phone.  My parents call my home phone and get a "this number is not in service" message.  I call from my office at a state agency and I get the same message.

I have numerous time contacted AT&T to no avail.  They have tried to resolve the problem but have not succeeded.  No one could figure it out.  I filled out an email survey after numerous calls back and forth.  I was then contacted by a Ruben (?) who said that he would research the issue and definitely get back to me within two days.  That was a month ago, and I have not heard back from them.  

The only recourse is for me to switch to comcast, but would I lose access to my email accounts through AT&T or Yahoo?

Hoping someone can help.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Complaint about VOIP connection problems

BCRscript - There are servers at each originating location that look up and route the call to your phone. Report to those providers that they are not processing/routing your number, At&t distributes your data & it is up yo each company to update their servers.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (283 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.