Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Dec 19, 2010
3:50:56 PM
Comcast is cheaper!!!

I was on the Comcast website today and I found that the bundle internet and TV is alot cheaper!!! and these channels with Comcast are not just shop at home networks, the biggest difference is Comcast has the Economy internet that is $27.00

I think at&t is going the wrong direction with their prices, IPTV is not even close to have quality picture unless they run 100% fiber optic which at&t won't spend the money for.

I was on the Comcast website today and I found that the bundle internet and TV is alot cheaper!!! and these channels with Comcast are not just shop at home networks, the biggest difference is Comcast has the Economy internet that is $27.00

I think at&t is going the wrong direction with their prices, IPTV is not even close to have quality picture unless they run 100% fiber optic which at&t won't spend the money for.

Comcast is cheaper!!!

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2010 3:53:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Please stop spamming the forum posting the same message.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Comcast is cheaper!!!

2 of 21 (4,185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2010 1:26:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

texasguy37 wrote:

Amen to that!!!

I get hit with their Xfinity offer weekly in the mail, I read it, see the ridiculous 2 Year Contract, what the price reverts too, and it goes straight in to the Trash can, 'nuff said.

texasguy37 wrote:

Amen to that!!!

I get hit with their Xfinity offer weekly in the mail, I read it, see the ridiculous 2 Year Contract, what the price reverts too, and it goes straight in to the Trash can, 'nuff said.

3 of 21 (3,946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2010 4:59:43 PM
(0)
Professor

KCRoyals wrote:

Amen to that!!!

Exactly.

Why would I want to subscribe to something that is "cheap?"

Would I drink "cheap" booze?  Spend time with "cheap" women?  What about sitting in "cheap" seats at a rock concert?

KCRoyals wrote:

Amen to that!!!

Exactly.

Would I drink "cheap" booze?  Spend time with "cheap" women?  What about sitting in "cheap" seats at a rock concert?

4 of 21 (3,882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2010 5:12:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

From my experience Comcast is not cheaper in price, but definately lower in quality.  Why pay more for less?

From my experience Comcast is not cheaper in price, but definately lower in quality.  Why pay more for less?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 21 (3,872 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2010 10:15:25 PM
(0)
Guru

Bye. Have fun with Comcast bi-annual Price Hikes. Its Comcastic!

Bye. Have fun with Comcast bi-annual Price Hikes. Its Comcastic!

Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

6 of 21 (3,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2010 10:58:11 PM
(0)
Expert

How do I opt out of their mailings to Current Resident? Smiley Mad

How do I opt out of their mailings to Current Resident? Smiley Mad

7 of 21 (3,784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 3:22:54 AM
(0)
Professor

It is worth checking out

It is worth checking out

8 of 21 (3,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 3:23:56 AM
(0)
Professor

Yes to all the above

kryptonite wrote:

KCRoyals wrote:

Amen to that!!!

Exactly.

Yes to all the above

kryptonite wrote:

KCRoyals wrote:

Amen to that!!!

Exactly.

9 of 21 (3,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 5:22:01 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts on Dec 21, 2010 at 5:23:35 AM

flipstylemm wrote:

1) I think at&t is going the wrong direction with their prices, IPTV is not even close to have 2) quality picture unless they 3) run 100% fiber optic which at&t won't spend the money for.

I would like to make a suggestion. If someone feels their current service, does not meet their needs or is not satisfying their expectations by #1, lowering their prices annually, #2, has better quality of service and #3, they feel thier current provide is to "cheap" to provide customers with FO, then WHY do you keep uv and not move on to a 1) Company that LOWERS their cost annually, 2) has a better picture and 3) gives you your signal over what is thought as a better service, then SWITCH! Don't wait, pick up that phone and get it in gear little mister!! The constant advertisement for comcast is not getting the job done.

This is a uv peer to peer forum. I don't think anyone wants to hear about comcast's latest bundle deal. I know I don't come here to read spam. Why is this type of advertisement allowed on a uv forum administrator?

DPR

(edited for spelling error)

flipstylemm wrote:

1) I think at&t is going the wrong direction with their prices, IPTV is not even close to have 2) quality picture unless they 3) run 100% fiber optic which at&t won't spend the money for.

I would like to make a suggestion. If someone feels their current service, does not meet their needs or is not satisfying their expectations by #1, lowering their prices annually, #2, has better quality of service and #3, they feel thier current provide is to "cheap" to provide customers with FO, then WHY do you keep uv and not move on to a 1) Company that LOWERS their cost annually, 2) has a better picture and 3) gives you your signal over what is thought as a better service, then SWITCH! Don't wait, pick up that phone and get it in gear little mister!! The constant advertisement for comcast is not getting the job done.

This is a uv peer to peer forum. I don't think anyone wants to hear about comcast's latest bundle deal. I know I don't come here to read spam. Why is this type of advertisement allowed on a uv forum administrator?

DPR

(edited for spelling error)

[ Edited ]
10 of 21 (3,717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 6:39:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I can not believe that a spammer marked this as a "solved" solution, unless someone else did it.  I have noticed lots of dubious thread postings lately and I'm sure that Wendy is aware of them.

I can not believe that a spammer marked this as a "solved" solution, unless someone else did it.  I have noticed lots of dubious thread postings lately and I'm sure that Wendy is aware of them.

11 of 21 (3,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 7:59:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

dhascall wrote:

Being new, I don't know, but only the person who creates the thread, can mark it as solved right?

dhascall wrote:

Being new, I don't know, but only the person who creates the thread, can mark it as solved right?

12 of 21 (3,287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 9:12:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Other than the creator of the thread, the only others who could mark a thread as "Solved" would be the forum moderators.

Other than the creator of the thread, the only others who could mark a thread as "Solved" would be the forum moderators.

13 of 21 (3,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 12:40:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Its too bad there is no way to stop those Comcast sales reps from signing in to this site.  But I guess all is fair in love, war, and cable tv.Smiley Surprised

Its too bad there is no way to stop those Comcast sales reps from signing in to this site.  But I guess all is fair in love, war, and cable tv.Smiley Surprised

14 of 21 (3,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 12:50:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Somehow AT&T and/or Lithium were able to stop the Aiseesoft spammers so why not these other "trolls," for lack of a more suitable term?

Somehow AT&T and/or Lithium were able to stop the Aiseesoft spammers so why not these other "trolls," for lack of a more suitable term?

15 of 21 (3,201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 1:04:25 PM
(0)
Professor

dhascall wrote:

Adding "comcast" to the list of censored words would cause a few fits...

dhascall wrote:

Adding "comcast" to the list of censored words would cause a few fits...

16 of 21 (3,188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 1:08:45 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by kryptonite on Dec 21, 2010 at 2:21:38 PM

shoe wrote:

Yes to all the above

kryptonite wrote:

KCRoyals wrote:

Amen to that!!!

Exactly.

Please don't speak for me.

[text removed - keep it courteous]

Speaking of cheap, I have a seat in row q of section 513 I can sell you for only five bucks.  It's behind a pillar, so you have a limited view of the action.

How's that for cheap?

Me?  I'd go for something different.  It's a big word, so i'll spell it out.

A-F-F-O-R-D-A-B-L-E

With the above, you're getting a good deal.  With "cheap" you're getting something that might not be broken, if you're lucky.

shoe wrote:

Yes to all the above

kryptonite wrote:

KCRoyals wrote:

Amen to that!!!

Exactly.

Please don't speak for me.

[text removed - keep it courteous]

Speaking of cheap, I have a seat in row q of section 513 I can sell you for only five bucks.  It's behind a pillar, so you have a limited view of the action.

How's that for cheap?

Me?  I'd go for something different.  It's a big word, so i'll spell it out.

A-F-F-O-R-D-A-B-L-E

With the above, you're getting a good deal.  With "cheap" you're getting something that might not be broken, if you're lucky.

[ Edited ]
17 of 21 (3,183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 1:10:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The word comcast doesn't fall under the rules of the word filter.Smiley Wink 

This time of year and late spring we get hit with lots of posts from employees of the other service providers.  The biggest give away that they aren't UV subs is they post one time.  And they never come back to say whether or not their issue was resolved.  Trolling trolling over the bounding mane.

This time of year and late spring we get hit with lots of posts from employees of the other service providers.  The biggest give away that they aren't UV subs is they post one time.  And they never come back to say whether or not their issue was resolved.  Trolling trolling over the bounding mane.

18 of 21 (3,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2010 1:14:39 PM
(0)
Professor

RCSMG wrote:

Maybe they should read that book.  Posting garbage on a message board is akin to a political ad.  I don't think i'm going to vote for you if all you do is talk about how rubbish the other guy is.  What have [b]YOU[/b] done lately?  Probably not much, considering all you're doing is blasting away at the other guy.

RCSMG wrote:

Maybe they should read that book.  Posting garbage on a message board is akin to a political ad.  I don't think i'm going to vote for you if all you do is talk about how rubbish the other guy is.  What have [b]YOU[/b] done lately?  Probably not much, considering all you're doing is blasting away at the other guy.

19 of 21 (3,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 1:06:31 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by sportsman_1 on Jul 22, 2013 at 1:10:12 PM

So when I moved for a short while (until U-verse came in. Actually my apartment lied to me saying I can't get U-verse, when I can, and when I found out I could get it, I called U-verse right away). I had to get Comcast. Well, I found out that the ads are not lying but are misleading:

This is what I mean (I don't think Comcast changed it either):

First off with Comcast you have to pay to have HD in every room. That means if I wanted HD in my living room I had to get the HD reciever and pay an addtional $5 for just having it in my living room. Then lets say I want HD in my bedroom I had to pay another $5 to get their HD reciever in my bedroom. So for each room I have to pay an extra $5 (and this is $5 a month) to get HD. This was a while ago, and I don't know if they still do it like this, but my guess is that they do 

Now with U-verse I don't have to pay for HD in every room. I just have to pay a $10 fee and thats it. Not another fee if you want HD in another room.

Same thing with DVR. If I wanted an additonal DVR reciever (they don't have what U-verse has) I would have to pay extra money a month to have one in each room.

U-verse you don't have that. You can get one DVR and can watch your recordings and record or whatever in every room without having be charged extra for it in every room.

Second, when I had Comcast if I wanted HBO or Redzone, or something of that sorts I had to pay for it on each reciever in each room. So add another $15 on my bill because of 3 rooms. 

With U-verse I can just go online (something you can't do with Comcast) anytime I want to change my plan and just pay one price (not another fee for another room) for HBO, RedZone to put it in each room. Instead of dishing out $5 each for each room.

The third I want to talk about it those new Comcast X1 commercials that they are advertising. Well, it says you can record 4 shows at once, well AT&T already has this, and knowing Comcast they are probably going to charge a fee for it.

Also, the thing that intrests me with this Comcast X1 stuff  is that yes you can record 4 shows at once but can you watch those recorded shows in any room like you can with U-Verse? Anyone has an answer to this question?

The fourth thing is that AT&T has wireless recievers. To me this is a great thing. When March Madness was on I was able to move my wireless reciever's and TV to another room, to have all 4 TV's going on at once, on each game, without pluging it into TV outlets in which you can do with an IPTV infrastructure, and something you can't do with a Comcast like infrastructure. 

So when I moved for a short while (until U-verse came in. Actually my apartment lied to me saying I can't get U-verse, when I can, and when I found out I could get it, I called U-verse right away). I had to get Comcast. Well, I found out that the ads are not lying but are misleading:

This is what I mean (I don't think Comcast changed it either):

First off with Comcast you have to pay to have HD in every room. That means if I wanted HD in my living room I had to get the HD reciever and pay an addtional $5 for just having it in my living room. Then lets say I want HD in my bedroom I had to pay another $5 to get their HD reciever in my bedroom. So for each room I have to pay an extra $5 (and this is $5 a month) to get HD. This was a while ago, and I don't know if they still do it like this, but my guess is that they do 

Now with U-verse I don't have to pay for HD in every room. I just have to pay a $10 fee and thats it. Not another fee if you want HD in another room.

Same thing with DVR. If I wanted an additonal DVR reciever (they don't have what U-verse has) I would have to pay extra money a month to have one in each room.

U-verse you don't have that. You can get one DVR and can watch your recordings and record or whatever in every room without having be charged extra for it in every room.

Second, when I had Comcast if I wanted HBO or Redzone, or something of that sorts I had to pay for it on each reciever in each room. So add another $15 on my bill because of 3 rooms. 

With U-verse I can just go online (something you can't do with Comcast) anytime I want to change my plan and just pay one price (not another fee for another room) for HBO, RedZone to put it in each room. Instead of dishing out $5 each for each room.

The third I want to talk about it those new Comcast X1 commercials that they are advertising. Well, it says you can record 4 shows at once, well AT&T already has this, and knowing Comcast they are probably going to charge a fee for it.

Also, the thing that intrests me with this Comcast X1 stuff  is that yes you can record 4 shows at once but can you watch those recorded shows in any room like you can with U-Verse? Anyone has an answer to this question?

The fourth thing is that AT&T has wireless recievers. To me this is a great thing. When March Madness was on I was able to move my wireless reciever's and TV to another room, to have all 4 TV's going on at once, on each game, without pluging it into TV outlets in which you can do with an IPTV infrastructure, and something you can't do with a Comcast like infrastructure. 

[ Edited ]
20 of 21 (1,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 7:45:41 PM
(0)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has a three year gap between posts, has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has a three year gap between posts, has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

21 of 21 (1,338 Views)