Comcast is at it again swindling customers

Comcast is at it again swindling customers

Can they think of any more ways to bilk their customer?  Full article here.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 1 of 21 (1,462 Views)

Re: Comcast is at it again swindling customers

Comcast has more channel offerings, including all local subchannels, and many more on demand offerings than U-Verse. It is a superior product. I bemoan the fact that it is unavailable to me. Charter is a watered down Comcast to me. Money is no issue or concern in my situation, so I'd be willing to pay to have all the great stuff they offer. Charter and Verizon are the two best providers for TV, with U-Verse a very distant third.
Message 2 of 21 (1,455 Views)
ACE - Master

codycooper864 wrote:
Comcast has more channel offerings, including all local subchannels, and many more on demand offerings than U-Verse. It is a superior product. I bemoan the fact that it is unavailable to me. Charter is a watered down Comcast to me. Money is no issue or concern in my situation, so I'd be willing to pay to have all the great stuff they offer. Charter and Verizon are the two best providers for TV, with U-Verse a very distant third.

Really?  Consumer Reports had FiOS and U-Verse tied at the top, with Comcast lagging behind regionals that I have barely heard of.  I had CC from 1994-2008, nightly internet prime tuime slowdowns and faulty equipment. Could you mocve to a Comcast area?  Maybe you like 2x/year price increases and losuy CS. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 21 (1,419 Views)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

Hey OUF: I wonder of AT&T/Yahoo News would run a story if it were AT&T that was fleecing custoimers? Smiley Happy  Comcast is not alone in this type of nickel and diming.  Look at Ticketmaster's fees.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 21 (1,416 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

codycooper864 wrote:
It is a superior product.

Yep, here's that superior channel guide:

So superior, looks like it was designed in 1997. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 21 (1,415 Views)

You get more channel choices with Comcast. Dispute that. I dare ya!
Message 6 of 21 (1,400 Views)
Expert

codycooper864 wrote:

Then you should go to Comcast where you will be a lot happier.

Message 7 of 21 (1,394 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

codycooper864 wrote:

LOL, I love the sleazy use of the word "choices" to hide the fact that the reason the number comes out large is because of the number of PPV and On Demand titles available.  For example, On Demand titles of shows nobody watches and that are a year old, and PPV movies at $6.00 each.

Let's get down to brass tacks and count actual HD channels:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-upda...

168 nationwide available HD channels for U-Verse, only 105 for Comcast.  Comcast has an additional 36 that are available in limited areas, but no area has all 36.

Any further Comcast advertising slogans you'd like to discuss?

Message 8 of 21 (1,369 Views)

dhascall wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

Hey OUF: I wonder of AT&T/Yahoo News would run a story if it were AT&T that was fleecing custoimers? Smiley Happy  Comcast is not alone in this type of nickel and diming.  Look at Ticketmaster's fees.

Probably, I've seen them be critical of all of them.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 9 of 21 (1,365 Views)

codycooper864 wrote:

Dare accepted.  Here you go.  168 HD channels compared to 105 Wide and 36 Limited.

Message 10 of 21 (1,363 Views)

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

LOL, I love the sleazy use of the word "choices" to hide the fact that the reason the number comes out large is because of the number of PPV and On Demand titles available.  For example, On Demand titles of shows nobody watches and that are a year old, and PPV movies at $6.00 each.

Let's get down to brass tacks and count actual HD channels:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1058081/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-upda...

145 nationwide available HD channels for U-Verse, only 95 for Comcast.  Comcast has an additional 50 that are available in limited areas, but no area has all 50.

Any further Comcast advertising slogans you'd like to discuss?

I posted the updated list as of yesterday. Your's was almost a year old.  Still no competition.

Message 11 of 21 (1,362 Views)
Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

I posted the updated list as of yesterday. Your's was almost a year old.  Still no competition.

Updated link and numbers to reflect, thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 21 (1,354 Views)

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

Updated link and numbers to reflect, thanks! Smiley Happy

You're welcome.

Message 13 of 21 (1,331 Views)
Scholar

Lets look at Comcast and Uverse.  Start with the premium channels which is all I watch.  Uverse has all the premium channels that HBO, SHO, and Starz offer along with the east and west feed which I like.  Comcast does not have all the premium channel offering and they do not have the east and west feed.  I do have to give the devil his due.  They do have about the best on demand offering of any service when it works.  Uverse has unlimited data for Internet which is nice if you do a lot of streaming from Netflix etc.  Comcast has a limit on Internet access and when you start getting close to the limit they throttle your speed and when you hit your limit you do not have the option of buying additional space the shut you off until next month.

Myself and this is only my opinion I will take Uverse over Comcast any day.

Message 14 of 21 (1,308 Views)
ACE - Master

db821arc wrote:

Lets look at Comcast and Uverse.  Start with the premium channels which is all I watch.  Uverse has all the premium channels that HBO, SHO, and Starz offer along with the east and west feed which I like.  Comcast does not have all the premium channel offering and they do not have the east and west feed.  I do have to give the devil his due.  They do have about the best on demand offering of any service when it works.  Uverse has unlimited data for Internet which is nice if you do a lot of streaming from Netflix etc.  Comcast has a limit on Internet access and when you start getting close to the limit they throttle your speed and when you hit your limit you do not have the option of buying additional space the shut you off until next month.

Myself and this is only my opinion I will take Uverse over Comcast any day.

Yep - What you said!  U-Verse wins for me, in about everything with Comcast.  They do have subchannels and Local on the 8's but for the extra $, i'll pass.  As far as caps:  If you have U-Verse internet only, I believe that there is also a cap but not for folks who have TV.  Comcast also has a better VOD, with more free offerings but I do not use it.

Message 15 of 21 (1,293 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.