Comcast To Buy Time Warner Cable For $45 Billion.

ACE - Professor

Comcast To Buy Time Warner Cable For $45 Billion.

From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch web site, stltoday.com :

"LOS ANGELES • Comcast Corp. will buy Time Warner Cable Inc. for about $45.2 billion in a deal that combines the nation's top two cable TV companies and would create a dominant force in both creating and delivering entertainment to U.S. homes.

The all-stock deal was approved by the boards of both companies. It is expected to close by the end of the year, pending shareholder and regulatory approvals."

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/comcast-to-buy-time-warner-cable-for-b-trumping-charter/artic...

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 20 (1,498 Views)
Employee

Re: Comcast To Buy Time Warner Cable For $45 Billion.

The US will not allow any company to have more than 30% of US total, thus Comcast will need to sell select markets to drop 4 million subscribers....so Charter will buy from Comcast rather than previous discussions of Charter buying TW selling select markets to Comcast.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-charter-comcast-deal-to-buy-time-warne...
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 20 (1,084 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 20 (1,074 Views)
Employee

I agree as cannot be enforced, without Comcast selling NBCUniversal and no longer a content provider or substantial reduce subscriber base this will be like ATT buying TMobile, not happening.

What does happen is defuse Charter attempt to purchase TW in a non friendly manner.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 20 (1,030 Views)
ACE - Expert

Charter is probably going to pick up the sell-offs, though.

Message 19 of 20 (1,006 Views)
ACE - Professor

JefferMC wrote:

Charter is probably going to pick up the sell-offs, though.

JefferMC: Today's "Bloomberg News" agrees with you. Here is an article that states exactly what you said, and also indicates that Charter Communications may try to buy Cox Communications.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/02/19/charter-seen-eyeing-cox-after-time-warner-cable-rebuf...

Message 20 of 20 (932 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.