Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 20, 2013
8:14:29 AM
View profile
Comcast H&*@ Help Please!

Hi,

I have been calling/chatting with you for months and I am so sad.  We are in a Comcast nightmare and all I want is Uverse.  My neighbor less than 10 feet away has it and I receive your promotional mailings all of the time, but for some reason it's not available at my address.  Can someone please help me get it available?  I live in a single family home that is only 7 years old.  Please help me.....I'm desperate!

Hi,

I have been calling/chatting with you for months and I am so sad.  We are in a Comcast nightmare and all I want is Uverse.  My neighbor less than 10 feet away has it and I receive your promotional mailings all of the time, but for some reason it's not available at my address.  Can someone please help me get it available?  I live in a single family home that is only 7 years old.  Please help me.....I'm desperate!

Comcast H&*@ Help Please!

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 8:18:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You might try sending a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Sometimes the availablilty site has wrong information.  Custmoer Care can get you a firm yes or no answer.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

You might try sending a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Sometimes the availablilty site has wrong information.  Custmoer Care can get you a firm yes or no answer.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Comcast H&*@ Help Please!

2 of 7 (388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 9:59:14 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 20, 2013 at 10:08:30 AM

Hello you can call AT&T U-Verse and have them do a Address Check and mention you have gotten mail you may be to far from the V-rad. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Hello you can call AT&T U-Verse and have them do a Address Check and mention you have gotten mail you may be to far from the V-rad. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Re: Comcast H&*@ Help Please! SOLUTION

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 4:43:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

I strongly reccomend you reconsider.  I switched to AT&T for the same reason, comcast was awful.  Believe me when I say AT&T is far worse.  Have a look at the posts on their facebook page for a little snapshot.  I recently added tv and internet.  In the process, AT&T shut off the phone I use for work, and then told me they could not get anyone out to fix it for several days.  I have been on the phone with them for a total of about 8 hours since then.  I have been iognored, hung up on, LAUGHED AT and blatantly lied to.  Comcast may be useless or incompetent, but AT&T has been willfully malicious and dishonest.  Stay with comcast, trust me, you would regret the switch.

I strongly reccomend you reconsider.  I switched to AT&T for the same reason, comcast was awful.  Believe me when I say AT&T is far worse.  Have a look at the posts on their facebook page for a little snapshot.  I recently added tv and internet.  In the process, AT&T shut off the phone I use for work, and then told me they could not get anyone out to fix it for several days.  I have been on the phone with them for a total of about 8 hours since then.  I have been iognored, hung up on, LAUGHED AT and blatantly lied to.  Comcast may be useless or incompetent, but AT&T has been willfully malicious and dishonest.  Stay with comcast, trust me, you would regret the switch.

4 of 7 (237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 5:12:32 AM
(0)
Employee
Possible the way your address is recorded does not match database, some examples might be
...... N East Avenue may be recorded East Ave N
.......Manchester Court would be Manchester Ct
.......Wood Bridge could be Woodbridge or visa versa
.......Grand Circle would be Grand Cir
.......Washington Avenue abbreviated to Wash Ave

Other issues include no available port at VRAD, distance is just beyond (neighbor is at fringe), feed by a different box (neighbors last at end of line)

Promo mailings can be done by zip code turned green not necessarily your specific address.

Regardless of why still need address verification before able to order recommend looking at junk mail for how address is listed in those databases.
Possible the way your address is recorded does not match database, some examples might be
...... N East Avenue may be recorded East Ave N
.......Manchester Court would be Manchester Ct
.......Wood Bridge could be Woodbridge or visa versa
.......Grand Circle would be Grand Cir
.......Washington Avenue abbreviated to Wash Ave

Other issues include no available port at VRAD, distance is just beyond (neighbor is at fringe), feed by a different box (neighbors last at end of line)

Promo mailings can be done by zip code turned green not necessarily your specific address.

Regardless of why still need address verification before able to order recommend looking at junk mail for how address is listed in those databases.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 6:06:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It's also possible that you're close enough to a VRAD for service, but the cards are all full and they need to get more installed before connecting additional subscribers.

Regardless of the actual reason, as has been said, you need to open an address validation case, either via AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020 or by PM to  AT&T logoCustomer Service link.  If you choose the PM, include any AT&T account number you already have (e.g. Plain old telephone service), your EXACT physical address, the address of your next door neighbor who has U-verse, and the best way and time to contact you.

It's also possible that you're close enough to a VRAD for service, but the cards are all full and they need to get more installed before connecting additional subscribers.

Regardless of the actual reason, as has been said, you need to open an address validation case, either via AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020 or by PM to  AT&T logoCustomer Service link.  If you choose the PM, include any AT&T account number you already have (e.g. Plain old telephone service), your EXACT physical address, the address of your next door neighbor who has U-verse, and the best way and time to contact you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 7:44:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Kucerakov wrote:

Have you seen the millions of complaints about comcast online?  I've been with AT&T since 2009 and have had nothing but fantastic service.  In the very few occasions where I needed a customer service or technical support issue resolved it was resolved on the first call, every time.  Are they perfect, no, but according to more than one independent survey they are ranked as one of the best every time. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Kucerakov wrote:

Have you seen the millions of complaints about comcast online?  I've been with AT&T since 2009 and have had nothing but fantastic service.  In the very few occasions where I needed a customer service or technical support issue resolved it was resolved on the first call, every time.  Are they perfect, no, but according to more than one independent survey they are ranked as one of the best every time. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

7 of 7 (166 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments