Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 25, 2013
11:53:53 AM
View profile
College Football

What channel will ESPN Goal Line be on i rememebr as part ESPN / Disney deal that was going to be avaiable  .

What channel will ESPN Goal Line be on i rememebr as part ESPN / Disney deal that was going to be avaiable  .

College Football

23 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(23)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 12:03:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Hopefully, you should see it added this week.  My guess is channel 1610.

Hopefully, you should see it added this week.  My guess is channel 1610.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: College Football

2 of 24 (1,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 12:23:01 PM
(0)
Mentor
Wait, ESPN Goal Line as in ESPN Goal Line / Buzzer Beater? AKA the Redzone of college fotball and basketball? If so that is great news I did not know about. What a nice addition for U-Verse.
Wait, ESPN Goal Line as in ESPN Goal Line / Buzzer Beater? AKA the Redzone of college fotball and basketball? If so that is great news I did not know about. What a nice addition for U-Verse.

3 of 24 (1,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 12:45:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, it was announced back in January.

Yes, it was announced back in January.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 24 (1,234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 12:47:51 PM
(0)
Scholar
Ok thanks texasguy37 for the info .
Ok thanks texasguy37 for the info .

5 of 24 (1,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 9:25:21 PM
(0)
Mentor

it looks like it might be channel 1635 which is on my guide under the channel name PPVFB1.

it looks like it might be channel 1635 which is on my guide under the channel name PPVFB1.

6 of 24 (1,104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 2:57:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Lkrfan714 wrote:

Channel 1635 is a Pay Per View (PPV) channel.

Lkrfan714 wrote:

Channel 1635 is a Pay Per View (PPV) channel.

7 of 24 (1,071 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 4:14:16 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yeah the reason why I think that it might be the channel is because it says college football ppv.

Yeah the reason why I think that it might be the channel is because it says college football ppv.

8 of 24 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 4:31:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Ill take a guess at 1608

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

Ill take a guess at 1608

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

9 of 24 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 4:37:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Aug 28, 2013 at 2:49:01 AM

Lkrfan714 wrote:

That channel will be used for PPV games, just as it was last season, not ESPN Goal Line.

Lkrfan714 wrote:

That channel will be used for PPV games, just as it was last season, not ESPN Goal Line.

[ Edited ]
10 of 24 (985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 7:58:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

Oh I see, I wasn't a uverse subscriber last year so that's why I didn't know. Thanks for clearing it up!

Oh I see, I wasn't a uverse subscriber last year so that's why I didn't know. Thanks for clearing it up!

11 of 24 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 10:01:00 AM
(0)
Scholar
Well, no ESPN Goal Line! Why am I not surprised? Another U-Verse FAIL!

12 of 24 (772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 10:14:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Aug 31, 2013 at 10:15:08 AM

codycooper864 wrote:

I'm kind of disappointed in this one too.  It was announced earlier in the year that it would be added as part of the new ESPN agreement.  I expected it to be up an running by the start of the season.

codycooper864 wrote:

I'm kind of disappointed in this one too.  It was announced earlier in the year that it would be added as part of the new ESPN agreement.  I expected it to be up an running by the start of the season.

[ Edited ]
13 of 24 (758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 11:09:19 AM
(0)
Scholar
Sure its disappointing but i am not going to cry over it so much football being shown right now the bigger disappointment would be not to get the Pac 12 network .
Sure its disappointing but i am not going to cry over it so much football being shown right now the bigger disappointment would be not to get the Pac 12 network .

14 of 24 (720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 11:42:22 AM
(0)
Scholar
Sure Ryan, it's not a major deal really and we can all live without Goal Line in our TVs (and we have it online at Watch ESPN anyway). But it's the principle of the thing. U-Verse inked a deal to have this as a TV channel and now they don't have it. U-Verse is like my ex-girlfriend, breaking promises. That's never an appropriate way to operate. And speaking of the Pac-12 Network, i agree with you it's more important than Goal Line. But I won't really believe it's actually coming until I see it on the program guide. I think I have darn good reason to be skeptical.
Sure Ryan, it's not a major deal really and we can all live without Goal Line in our TVs (and we have it online at Watch ESPN anyway). But it's the principle of the thing. U-Verse inked a deal to have this as a TV channel and now they don't have it. U-Verse is like my ex-girlfriend, breaking promises. That's never an appropriate way to operate. And speaking of the Pac-12 Network, i agree with you it's more important than Goal Line. But I won't really believe it's actually coming until I see it on the program guide. I think I have darn good reason to be skeptical.

15 of 24 (713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 8:05:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Aug 31, 2013 at 8:12:30 PM

codycooper864 wrote:

I guess you did not thoroughly read the two links provided yesterday on the Pac-12 thread that indicated that there is a good possibility of U-Verse finalizing an agreement with the Pac-12 Network. Go back to that thread, and read the two links provided.

Yesterday you had a different view of the situation. I quote your words, "The article Texas guy posted is an encouraging one. Hopefully they will get 'er done really soon."

What changed from yesterday's opinion to today's opinion?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

codycooper864 wrote:

I guess you did not thoroughly read the two links provided yesterday on the Pac-12 thread that indicated that there is a good possibility of U-Verse finalizing an agreement with the Pac-12 Network. Go back to that thread, and read the two links provided.

Yesterday you had a different view of the situation. I quote your words, "The article Texas guy posted is an encouraging one. Hopefully they will get 'er done really soon."

What changed from yesterday's opinion to today's opinion?

[ Edited ]
16 of 24 (647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 8:52:26 PM
(0)
Scholar
I read both articles. And I still think they are both encouraging. But it is in my nature to be skeptical until it actually happens. I guess you could say I am very encouraged and hopeful yet still skeptical at the same time. After all, the Al Jazeera channel fell through after many thought it was coming. I do think we will eventually get Pac-12 for what it's worth. But they'll still be at least a little doubt in my mind until I am watching it.
I read both articles. And I still think they are both encouraging. But it is in my nature to be skeptical until it actually happens. I guess you could say I am very encouraged and hopeful yet still skeptical at the same time. After all, the Al Jazeera channel fell through after many thought it was coming. I do think we will eventually get Pac-12 for what it's worth. But they'll still be at least a little doubt in my mind until I am watching it.

17 of 24 (619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 11:51:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

texasguy37 wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

Just got off the phone with an AT&T agent. Claimed they do not have the right to show that channel.

texasguy37 wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

Just got off the phone with an AT&T agent. Claimed they do not have the right to show that channel.

18 of 24 (489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 2:05:14 PM
(0)
Scholar
I think that agent is full of it. Goal Line, Buzzer Beater, and Bases Loaded (which we got in June) were a part of a new deal with ABC/ESPN/Disney. In my opinion U-Verse just dropped the ball as far as getting Goal Line up and running. Incomplete Pass!
I think that agent is full of it. Goal Line, Buzzer Beater, and Bases Loaded (which we got in June) were a part of a new deal with ABC/ESPN/Disney. In my opinion U-Verse just dropped the ball as far as getting Goal Line up and running. Incomplete Pass!

19 of 24 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 2:08:47 PM
(0)
Scholar
I wounder if they were just not ready yet maybe they will have something in week 2 just have wait and see .
I wounder if they were just not ready yet maybe they will have something in week 2 just have wait and see .

20 of 24 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 2:14:57 PM
(0)
Scholar
I hope so Ryan.
I hope so Ryan.

21 of 24 (451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 8:29:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

codycooper864 wrote:

I remember having Bases Loaded. But I got a firm "we don't have the rights to that" on the phone, and I'm not sure who to call/write now in order to get a good answer on why.

codycooper864 wrote:

I remember having Bases Loaded. But I got a firm "we don't have the rights to that" on the phone, and I'm not sure who to call/write now in order to get a good answer on why.

22 of 24 (395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 10:46:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

jack2bauer wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

The customer service rep that told you that is wrong.  See the announcement made by AT&T back in March

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

jack2bauer wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

The customer service rep that told you that is wrong.  See the announcement made by AT&T back in March

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

23 of 24 (344 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 11:46:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

oufanindallas wrote:

jack2bauer wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

Issue is, that release says that we could watch Goal Line through WatchESPN. That's the Web app.

Doesn't explain why we got Bases Loaded in June but not Goal Line now. But the rep wasn't contradicting the announcement.

oufanindallas wrote:

jack2bauer wrote:

codycooper864 wrote:

Issue is, that release says that we could watch Goal Line through WatchESPN. That's the Web app.

Doesn't explain why we got Bases Loaded in June but not Goal Line now. But the rep wasn't contradicting the announcement.

24 of 24 (327 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments