College Football PPV Games on U-verse TV August 30

Employee

College Football PPV Games on U-verse TV August 30

Two Pay Per View college football games will be available on U-verse TV tonight:

Texas vs. Florida Atlantic on Saturday, Aug. 30 at 7:00 p.m. EST for $30 on PPV Channel 103. 

Oklahoma vs. Chattanooga on Saturday, Aug. 30 at 7:00 p.m. EST for $30 on PPV Channel 104.

Both games will be broadcast live.

To order a game, scroll to the channel and start time in your program guide, and follow the prompts. If you need help ordering PPV, visit uverse.att.com/uconnect for complete ordering instructions.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 11 (3,716 Views)
Professor

Re: College Football PPV Games on U-verse TV August 30

I live in Oklahoma and wouldn't pay $30 bucks to watch the game if it were the last game ever played LOL.  I know lots of people will, so somebody will make major money tonight.
Message 2 of 11 (3,716 Views)
Mentor

I am not interested in these games either but if they are not available on free TV I think it is a great opportunity for the dedicated fans.

I am curious if for the $30 do you get "commercial free" broadcast with no on-screen plugs for future broadcasts and other annoying distractions?  Anyone who watches please let us know after the broadcasts.

Ed in St. Louis

Message 3 of 11 (3,716 Views)
Tutor

Uverse can carry the Big 10 package but not the Big 12?  We are a big sports family and we switched to Uverse with hopes that we would get the same (or close to) programming as Dish, we were wrong.  2 other cable companies have the game we want on PPV for $29.95.  Not a happy sports fan!
Message 4 of 11 (3,716 Views)
Master

BOBIGRED wrote:
Uverse can carry the Big 10 package but not the Big 12?  We are a big sports family and we switched to Uverse with hopes that we would get the same (or close to) programming as Dish, we were wrong.  2 other cable companies have the game we want on PPV for $29.95.  Not a happy sports fan!

Not quite the same thing.

They carry the Big Ten Network, which I believe is included in all the packages, so there is no extra charge for that.

I would hazard a guess that if the Big 12 had their own network, AT&T would have worked out some kind of a deal similar to the BTN one. Just a guess tho on my part. :smileywink:

Message 5 of 11 (3,716 Views)
Highlighted
Master

BOBIGRED wrote:

can't broadcast the big 12 network if their isn't one. send an email to them...

http://www.big12sports.com/CreateTicket.dbml?ATCLID=1524467&SPSID=106749&SPID=13138&DB_OEM_ID=10410

Dennis
Message 6 of 11 (3,716 Views)
Professor

Yep, the PPV is a Big 12 thing.

People criticize the Big 10 for being greedy with their network, but the Big 12 puts a game each from Texas and Oklahoma plus two games each from Nebraska and Mizzou on PPV for 30 bucks a shot and there's no howling?

Message 7 of 11 (3,716 Views)
Teacher

Now I am wondering if I missed something, but I was pretty upset at the quality of the PPV Texas game. Was there an HD PPV option for this game? I mean if I am spending $30 to watch a game I would hope it would look good. We kept swaping to ESPNHD to watch another game (Free) and the quality was like night and day. We felt like we were watch a UT game from the 80s or something. Pretty disappointed.
Message 8 of 11 (3,716 Views)
Teacher

I doubt FOX will bring in the high dollar HD camera's for these lower tier games.  I am just happy I can Watch NU play against New Mexico St on Saturday. 

I don't think alot of people realize that the quility of HD often has to do with the camera that is recording the game.

Message 9 of 11 (3,716 Views)
Contributor

is this true? looking on my tv guide i do not see this listed on the PPV channel 104, how else can i verify that the game will be on this channel at 6 CST??

Message 10 of 11 (1,701 Views)
ACE - Master

zepfer wrote:

is this true? looking on my tv guide i do not see this listed on the PPV channel 104, how else can i verify that the game will be on this channel at 6 CST??

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy Look again.  This thread is from 2008.  I sure hope that there are no NCAA FB games sold only PPV. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 11 (1,699 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support