Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 2, 2014
2:50:44 PM
View profile
Cold call to get free upgrade to U300

I have received calls from someone claiming to be from ATT Uverse and offering a free 3 month upgrade to U300.

One time I was asked for my 4 digit home code.  I told the person I have no idea what they were talking about and to please explain.  After several attemps to get an explanation, I hung up.

I am thinking this is some type of scam.  Can someone from ATT Uverse confirm this?

I have received calls from someone claiming to be from ATT Uverse and offering a free 3 month upgrade to U300.

One time I was asked for my 4 digit home code.  I told the person I have no idea what they were talking about and to please explain.  After several attemps to get an explanation, I hung up.

I am thinking this is some type of scam.  Can someone from ATT Uverse confirm this?

Cold call to get free upgrade to U300

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 3:59:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I wouldn't take any offer from any telemarketer.  AFAIK, AT&T does not use cold calling telemarketers and even if I did, if I were doing anything with my account, I would call AT&T.  They do however use door to door salespersons.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I wouldn't take any offer from any telemarketer.  AFAIK, AT&T does not use cold calling telemarketers and even if I did, if I were doing anything with my account, I would call AT&T.  They do however use door to door salespersons.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cold call to get free upgrade to U300

2 of 3 (318 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 6:24:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I suspected it was a scam and also wanted to know if anyone else has received these types of calls.

I would never give out information on my account, especially to a strange voice on the phone.  Smiley Wink

Thanks for the reply.

I suspected it was a scam and also wanted to know if anyone else has received these types of calls.

I would never give out information on my account, especially to a strange voice on the phone.  Smiley Wink

Re: Cold call to get free upgrade to U300

3 of 3 (255 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments