Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Mar 10, 2012
8:50:02 PM
View profile
Closed Caption one touch button
Is it possible to program the remote control with a one-touch button to turn on and off closed caption without having to go back through the menu all of the time. Thanks
Is it possible to program the remote control with a one-touch button to turn on and off closed caption without having to go back through the menu all of the time. Thanks

Closed Caption one touch button

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2012 5:31:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
jhart1945 - No, the only way to get to the U-verse CC wizard is to follow the yellow brick road. (The Microsoft developer was trying to add the Wizard Oz experience for the viewer). And, CC is not passed to your TV on HD.

If you need to toggle it a lot, there is a workaround you can try - Turn on the CC in your TV. Connect the STB & TV via component cables and HDMI. Set the aspect to widescreen SD.

With this setup you can toggle CC by toggling the input on your TV. HDMI - No CC. Component - CC.

If you cannot tolerate the aspect setting, you can leave the TV on component input and change the aspect setting in the STB. HD - No CC, SD - CC.
jhart1945 - No, the only way to get to the U-verse CC wizard is to follow the yellow brick road. (The Microsoft developer was trying to add the Wizard Oz experience for the viewer). And, CC is not passed to your TV on HD.

If you need to toggle it a lot, there is a workaround you can try - Turn on the CC in your TV. Connect the STB & TV via component cables and HDMI. Set the aspect to widescreen SD.

With this setup you can toggle CC by toggling the input on your TV. HDMI - No CC. Component - CC.

If you cannot tolerate the aspect setting, you can leave the TV on component input and change the aspect setting in the STB. HD - No CC, SD - CC.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Closed Caption one touch button

2 of 9 (4,694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2012 5:51:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

We're coming to the end of 2012 and there is STILL no easier way to shortcut the CC. Uverse's excuses are staggering. I need CC and my husband can't abide it, so we don't want to leave it on all the time. I have had Uverse for several years and have waited for relief. I've had multiple other cable systems and NEVER experienced this headache!!

We're coming to the end of 2012 and there is STILL no easier way to shortcut the CC. Uverse's excuses are staggering. I need CC and my husband can't abide it, so we don't want to leave it on all the time. I have had Uverse for several years and have waited for relief. I've had multiple other cable systems and NEVER experienced this headache!!

3 of 9 (4,272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2012 4:24:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
zenobia13 - Any chance you have an ipad, iphone or ipod touch? If you can get your hands on one, there is a U-verse easy remote app that has a CC button on the top menu.

I tried it the other day & it does toggle CC on HD.
zenobia13 - Any chance you have an ipad, iphone or ipod touch? If you can get your hands on one, there is a U-verse easy remote app that has a CC button on the top menu.

I tried it the other day & it does toggle CC on HD.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (4,244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2013 9:08:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the alternatives, aviewer. At least there is SOMETHING intuitive out there.

However, AT&T has been extremely insensitive to the hearing impaired community by not making his option more accessible on with their equipment. My Samsung tv remote has a dedicated CC button, as do many other manufacturer's remotes.

It takes me TWENTY button presses on the S10-S2 remote to change this setting. TWENTY!!

for those of us who need to do this on a regular basis, it's simply unacceptable.

what it says to me is that AT&T doesn't care enough about the hearing impaired community to make this necessary task easy enough to use.

AT&T: prove me wrong. Stop offering excuses and start being more proactive with accessibility.

Thanks for the alternatives, aviewer. At least there is SOMETHING intuitive out there.

However, AT&T has been extremely insensitive to the hearing impaired community by not making his option more accessible on with their equipment. My Samsung tv remote has a dedicated CC button, as do many other manufacturer's remotes.

It takes me TWENTY button presses on the S10-S2 remote to change this setting. TWENTY!!

for those of us who need to do this on a regular basis, it's simply unacceptable.

what it says to me is that AT&T doesn't care enough about the hearing impaired community to make this necessary task easy enough to use.

AT&T: prove me wrong. Stop offering excuses and start being more proactive with accessibility.

5 of 9 (2,490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2013 9:36:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Aaplmike - You may not have yet received the latest update with the seven click CC toggle. It is under the ENTER/ZOOM button. You would be aware of it if you used Favorites. because it broke the ENTER button access.,
Not defending att. The CC saga is a dishoner to A G Bell & many who came after. I just like to find ways to "get er done". Look up some of my old posts on making CC one click by using analog SD.

Keep that ipad handy. It ain't over til you see. "the fat lady sings" on your screen.
Aaplmike - You may not have yet received the latest update with the seven click CC toggle. It is under the ENTER/ZOOM button. You would be aware of it if you used Favorites. because it broke the ENTER button access.,
Not defending att. The CC saga is a dishoner to A G Bell & many who came after. I just like to find ways to "get er done". Look up some of my old posts on making CC one click by using analog SD.

Keep that ipad handy. It ain't over til you see. "the fat lady sings" on your screen.

6 of 9 (2,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 7:13:43 PM
(0)
Teacher

Tell the Fat Lady to hold up until you add Android tablet users to your list of apps. Please?

Tell the Fat Lady to hold up until you add Android tablet users to your list of apps. Please?

7 of 9 (2,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 7:17:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

On second thought, tell the fat lady to sing right away, and add the Android app!

On second thought, tell the fat lady to sing right away, and add the Android app!

8 of 9 (2,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2015 6:19:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, there IS now a way to get one button, one touch CC on and off: click the red "C" button on your remote.

Kudos to ATT Uverse for finally responding to this request -- I've been vocal about the inconveniences and everyone from the CEO down has been tremendously responsive.  I am so happy to find the red C button works!

Yes, there IS now a way to get one button, one touch CC on and off: click the red "C" button on your remote.

Kudos to ATT Uverse for finally responding to this request -- I've been vocal about the inconveniences and everyone from the CEO down has been tremendously responsive.  I am so happy to find the red C button works!

9 of 9 (822 Views)