Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 10, 2013
5:28:19 AM
View profile
Closed Caption & Favorites List
Edited by aviewer on Jul 10, 2013 at 5:55:43 AM

I have seen posts saying new improved CC is rolling out. Tried this am in New Haven, CT & there it was. Nice little improvement.

Because Favorites is on the same menu,  I checked it out & it looks like it is trying to allow multiple Favorites lists with different names. But it is broken. I cannot get the ENTER button menu to display my Favorites guide.  In the add/remove section it says there is a list of 25. But, it will not display. It will display under the Menu button, but not the ENTER button. I believe there were two earlier posts of people unable to display the Favorites guide.

I searched the site for instructions, but did not get any.

CC moved somewhat in the right direction. If Favorites works with three button presses it is not  improved or made worse. Right now it has gone away. And, there is no documentation to say how it should work.

I just looked at accessing the favorites guide via the menu button. It would not be bad if it were first on the list. It could be accessed - MENU-OK.  Guide is the first on the list. It does not need to be first. It has its own Button. Just swap Guide & Favorites.

I have seen posts saying new improved CC is rolling out. Tried this am in New Haven, CT & there it was. Nice little improvement.

Because Favorites is on the same menu,  I checked it out & it looks like it is trying to allow multiple Favorites lists with different names. But it is broken. I cannot get the ENTER button menu to display my Favorites guide.  In the add/remove section it says there is a list of 25. But, it will not display. It will display under the Menu button, but not the ENTER button. I believe there were two earlier posts of people unable to display the Favorites guide.

I searched the site for instructions, but did not get any.

CC moved somewhat in the right direction. If Favorites works with three button presses it is not  improved or made worse. Right now it has gone away. And, there is no documentation to say how it should work.

I just looked at accessing the favorites guide via the menu button. It would not be bad if it were first on the list. It could be accessed - MENU-OK.  Guide is the first on the list. It does not need to be first. It has its own Button. Just swap Guide & Favorites.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Closed Caption & Favorites List

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 5:09:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jul 11, 2013 at 5:21:37 PM

I just observed another "feature" for somebody in the new update. But, adding effort for me.

After watching & stopping a series recording, the menu that appears now has "view another episode" at the top. When I first saw it I guess I forgot to erase the one I just watched & Pressed the watch another, which did happen. Then when I got back to the list the original watched episode was still there to be erased.

So the second time I ignored the new button & erased the episode & lost the ability to hit the watch another button.

I guess this is good for people that watch strings of episodes & clean up later. I prefer to erase immediately, so it is costing me a click to get to the erase. I believe it belongs below the erase button so that it does not add clicks. Or, if some like it one way and others like it another way there needs to an option on an STB basis to let the user choose which is better for them.

This effort would have been much better spent on the menu button menu - swapping the guide button ( now first) with the favorites button (now third). The guide does not need to be first - it has its own physical button on the remote for quickest access. The favorites does not have its own button. It ,therefore, is entitled to first position to get quicker access.

Better to save two clicks than add one.

And, I hate the tips on the OK screen. Nobody is interested in such stuff until they have a problem. Then they want the answer to their problem. It is unlikely that the tip displayed will match the current problem. The tip display may not even be there. The good answer to answering problems is a super wiki with a super search machine.

I will try to ignore the tips, but the effort would provide significantly more value if the name of the STB was dieplayed.

I just observed another "feature" for somebody in the new update. But, adding effort for me.

After watching & stopping a series recording, the menu that appears now has "view another episode" at the top. When I first saw it I guess I forgot to erase the one I just watched & Pressed the watch another, which did happen. Then when I got back to the list the original watched episode was still there to be erased.

So the second time I ignored the new button & erased the episode & lost the ability to hit the watch another button.

I guess this is good for people that watch strings of episodes & clean up later. I prefer to erase immediately, so it is costing me a click to get to the erase. I believe it belongs below the erase button so that it does not add clicks. Or, if some like it one way and others like it another way there needs to an option on an STB basis to let the user choose which is better for them.

This effort would have been much better spent on the menu button menu - swapping the guide button ( now first) with the favorites button (now third). The guide does not need to be first - it has its own physical button on the remote for quickest access. The favorites does not have its own button. It ,therefore, is entitled to first position to get quicker access.

Better to save two clicks than add one.

And, I hate the tips on the OK screen. Nobody is interested in such stuff until they have a problem. Then they want the answer to their problem. It is unlikely that the tip displayed will match the current problem. The tip display may not even be there. The good answer to answering problems is a super wiki with a super search machine.

I will try to ignore the tips, but the effort would provide significantly more value if the name of the STB was dieplayed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Closed Caption & Favorites List

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (276 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments