Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 22, 2014
12:32:40 PM
View profile
Cisco IPN330HD receiver ethernet port and power supply issues

Hi,

I have a Cisco IPN330HD receiver that wouldn’t power on until I tired another receivers power supply.  Everything has worked fine for over a month now except for the ethernet port.  I used this port for 2+ years to network our smart tv.  I’m sure the port has failed as I’ve tried to connect multiple devices with no luck.  The tv has wi-fi but it seems to buffer a lot more across the various apps we use to stream.  Is the ethernet port a supported feature?  Also, how do I go about getting a new power supply without a technician visit?  Thanks!

Hi,

I have a Cisco IPN330HD receiver that wouldn’t power on until I tired another receivers power supply.  Everything has worked fine for over a month now except for the ethernet port.  I used this port for 2+ years to network our smart tv.  I’m sure the port has failed as I’ve tried to connect multiple devices with no luck.  The tv has wi-fi but it seems to buffer a lot more across the various apps we use to stream.  Is the ethernet port a supported feature?  Also, how do I go about getting a new power supply without a technician visit?  Thanks!

Cisco IPN330HD receiver ethernet port and power supply issues

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 12:52:01 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by julywashere on Apr 22, 2014 at 12:52:41 PM

Hello cgoller,

The Ethernet port is not a supported feature. It's purpose is to connect your STB to your RG using cat 5 network cable.

In regards to the power supply, you'll have to call Customer Service, for a replacement. They may insist on a technician visit to ensure that your service is functioning properly, or they may ship you a new device.

Hello cgoller,

The Ethernet port is not a supported feature. It's purpose is to connect your STB to your RG using cat 5 network cable.

In regards to the power supply, you'll have to call Customer Service, for a replacement. They may insist on a technician visit to ensure that your service is functioning properly, or they may ship you a new device.

Re: Cisco IPN330HD receiver ethernet port and power supply issues

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 2:16:21 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for the information. I guess we'll have to live with the buffering.
Thanks for the information. I guess we'll have to live with the buffering.

3 of 4 (387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 8:07:02 PM
(0)
Guru

You may want to consider looking into PowerLine adapters. They're devices that enable to use your home's electrical wiring to expand your wired network. If the two devices are on the same breaker, you'll probably be able to use them. (Just be sure to get a starter kit if you choose to go this route.) There's are even PowerLine Switches, such as this one offered by AT&T

You may want to consider looking into PowerLine adapters. They're devices that enable to use your home's electrical wiring to expand your wired network. If the two devices are on the same breaker, you'll probably be able to use them. (Just be sure to get a starter kit if you choose to go this route.) There's are even PowerLine Switches, such as this one offered by AT&T

4 of 4 (366 Views)