Charter/Comcast is a DIRTY DOG!

Charter/Comcast is a DIRTY DOG!

[ Edited ]

There are some college basketball games today that are shown locally on a channel called CSS (Comcast Sports Southeast).  This channel is only available via Charter (Comcast); it is not on Dish, DirecTV, or U- Verse because they refuse to let anyone else carry it.  No problem, I thought.  The gamers are listed on ESPN 3  (Watch ESPN). So I'll just check them out on the IPad.  But NO!  Comcrap/***had ESPN black them out for me!  So they have made it to where the games are totally inaccesible unless you have *** and their CSS channel.  First, I thought blackouts were only for pro sports.  Second, aren't blackouts because you are trying not to hurt the attendance at the game?  This is a petty move on ***s part and I doubt its very legality!

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 1 of 10 (750 Views)

Re: Charter/Comcast is a DIRTY DOG!

[ Edited ]

HAHAHAHAHA!  I just saw it scrolling on WSPA-TV, the local CBS affiliate that *** customers are going to lose WSPA,  on the 9th of the month!  Good, I hope they NEVER get it back!

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 2 of 10 (747 Views)
ACE - Professor

I wonder what was removed...
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10 (721 Views)
Highlighted

ESPN3 broadcasts are subject to blackouts in areas where somebody else has paid for the rights to those games.  The big players (e.g. ESPN, CBS) have the rights to most conferences, but any games they decide not to show trickle down to lower levels, where other networks (e.g. CSS) have rights to air those games.

Why would CSS black out games for non-CSS subscribers?  Easy - to get you to switch to Charter/Comcast.  Why do you think that only DirecTV has NFL Sunday Ticket?

Message 4 of 10 (711 Views)

Well I will NEVER subscribe to Comcast.  Especially since they are losing CBS where I live!

Message 5 of 10 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
  • Oh, and NFL Red Zone is BETTER than having Sunday Ticket!
Message 6 of 10 (708 Views)
Scholar

I live in Georgia i saw a message were Charter may loose our local WSB channel 2 thank god i have Uverse .

Message 7 of 10 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]

I found a way to watch the games in question.  Ha Ha Ha Comcast!  You can't deny the BIG C! Where there's a will, there's a way!  

Message 8 of 10 (657 Views)

That Don Guy wrote:

ESPN3 broadcasts are subject to blackouts in areas where somebody else has paid for the rights to those games.  The big players (e.g. ESPN, CBS) have the rights to most conferences, but any games they decide not to show trickle down to lower levels, where other networks (e.g. CSS) have rights to air those games.

Why would CSS black out games for non-CSS subscribers?  Easy - to get you to switch to Charter/Comcast.  Why do you think that only DirecTV has NFL Sunday Ticket?

At the end of the 2014 NFL season Direct-TV it probably going to be moved to Google. DireTV contract ends and Google was in talks of taking it away from DriecTV.
If Google does buy the rights it could be a huge boost for Google TV.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/21/net-us-google-nfl-idUSBRE97K0YG20130821

Message 9 of 10 (548 Views)
ACE - Professor

sportsman_1 wrote:

That Don Guy wrote:

At the end of the 2014 NFL season Direct-TV it probably going to be moved to Google. DireTV contract ends and Google was in talks of taking it away from DriecTV.
If Google does buy the rights it could be a huge boost for Google TV.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/21/net-us-google-nfl-idUSBRE97K0YG20130821

I doubt it will happen to be with just Google TV. GTV is currently only found in 1 market in the US. What is more likely to happen is that Sunday Ticket will be offered across all major TV providers that can properly distribute the service.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 10 (543 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.