Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 2, 2014
4:35:21 PM
View profile
Charges for equipment that technician took

I'm beyond frustrated. We sold our home in December. Upon moving, we accidentally left a router in the house. Once we received a notice from AT&T and realized what we had done, we immediately contacted our realtor, who in turn contacted the realtor of the buyers so that we could pick up the piece of equipment we left so we could return it. In the mean time, the folks that bought our home had AT&T come out and hook service up for them. They informed us that the technician took the piece of equipment with him. So, I contacted ATT to let them know what was going on. After going in CIRCLES (after NO LESS than 6 seperate phone calls over several days) getting absolutely no where with the "friendly" AT&T reps, I had to contact my realtor AGAIN and have him contact the buyers AGAIN to see if they could give me anything... The technician's number, the date he came out, ANYTHING. They were able to supply me with an email they received from the technician after he had set up service for them. In the email, he supplied his manager's email and number as well as his own. I started with the manager (Steve Walters). I called him AND left messages with him and got no response. Then, I contacted the service technician who set up service and took the piece of equipment (Samir Kapadia). I was able to reach him by phone. He told me to just tell the billing dept. that the piece of missing equipment was taken by him and returned to the distribution center. So... that's what I did. And it has gotten me absolutely NO WHERE! I'm now receiving debt collection letters about this. What really frustrates me the most is that I'M THE CUSTOMER yet I'M the one who has taken MY time to contact all these different departments to try to resolve this issue. After all my efforts to resolve the issue, I'm now going to be penalized via my credit. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Can anyone offer me any suggestions on how I can get this resolved? I'm really tired of dealing with it. 

I'm beyond frustrated. We sold our home in December. Upon moving, we accidentally left a router in the house. Once we received a notice from AT&T and realized what we had done, we immediately contacted our realtor, who in turn contacted the realtor of the buyers so that we could pick up the piece of equipment we left so we could return it. In the mean time, the folks that bought our home had AT&T come out and hook service up for them. They informed us that the technician took the piece of equipment with him. So, I contacted ATT to let them know what was going on. After going in CIRCLES (after NO LESS than 6 seperate phone calls over several days) getting absolutely no where with the "friendly" AT&T reps, I had to contact my realtor AGAIN and have him contact the buyers AGAIN to see if they could give me anything... The technician's number, the date he came out, ANYTHING. They were able to supply me with an email they received from the technician after he had set up service for them. In the email, he supplied his manager's email and number as well as his own. I started with the manager (Steve Walters). I called him AND left messages with him and got no response. Then, I contacted the service technician who set up service and took the piece of equipment (Samir Kapadia). I was able to reach him by phone. He told me to just tell the billing dept. that the piece of missing equipment was taken by him and returned to the distribution center. So... that's what I did. And it has gotten me absolutely NO WHERE! I'm now receiving debt collection letters about this. What really frustrates me the most is that I'M THE CUSTOMER yet I'M the one who has taken MY time to contact all these different departments to try to resolve this issue. After all my efforts to resolve the issue, I'm now going to be penalized via my credit. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Can anyone offer me any suggestions on how I can get this resolved? I'm really tired of dealing with it. 

Charges for equipment that technician took

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 4:56:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Charges for equipment that technician took

2 of 2 (220 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments