Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 30, 2012
11:59:15 AM
Channel Listing For Houston Area

For the 3+ years we've subscribed to U-verse, this has got to be the epitome of ineptitude ... and believe me, there have been many contenders ...

Since we're on paperless billing, we do not receive any updated channel guides ... we know they've changed when we look for football and wind up with Oprah.  I spent a half-hour searching the website for a simple up-to-date list of what station is where.  What I discovered was page after page of TV Guide-type descriptions of what is on at a given time ... I have the interactive guide for that.  I finally gave up and called AT&T.  The representative sympathized with me, and e-mailed me several links which he said would resolve the issue.  They took me right back to the pages I'd been searching!  We're expecting company shortly, and would like to have something that would indicate where to find what channel ... is that asking too much, considering we send AT&T close to $350 per month? 

For the 3+ years we've subscribed to U-verse, this has got to be the epitome of ineptitude ... and believe me, there have been many contenders ...

Since we're on paperless billing, we do not receive any updated channel guides ... we know they've changed when we look for football and wind up with Oprah.  I spent a half-hour searching the website for a simple up-to-date list of what station is where.  What I discovered was page after page of TV Guide-type descriptions of what is on at a given time ... I have the interactive guide for that.  I finally gave up and called AT&T.  The representative sympathized with me, and e-mailed me several links which he said would resolve the issue.  They took me right back to the pages I'd been searching!  We're expecting company shortly, and would like to have something that would indicate where to find what channel ... is that asking too much, considering we send AT&T close to $350 per month? 

Channel Listing For Houston Area

9 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2012 1:13:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Go here - https://uma.att.com/uma/RetrieveChannelLineup?ZIP=06410&APPID=UMA&actionType=&FORMAT=POPUP&FirstTime...

enter your Zip, click on channel name to sort & look up.

You can restrict to your package if you like.
Go here - https://uma.att.com/uma/RetrieveChannelLineup?ZIP=06410&APPID=UMA&actionType=&FORMAT=POPUP&FirstTime=F

enter your Zip, click on channel name to sort & look up.

You can restrict to your package if you like.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Channel Listing For Houston Area

2 of 10 (10,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2012 7:09:10 PM
(0)
Guru

jewopaho wrote:

Why didn't you just ask them for a NEW CUSTOMER INSTALL channel directory.  The publication number will be

ATT807183UVCD. Latest edition 8/8/11.

They are printed for each area served, and fold-out. On the reverse is a remote control diagram telling you which button does what.

jewopaho wrote:

Why didn't you just ask them for a NEW CUSTOMER INSTALL channel directory.  The publication number will be

ATT807183UVCD. Latest edition 8/8/11.

They are printed for each area served, and fold-out. On the reverse is a remote control diagram telling you which button does what.

3 of 10 (10,167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2012 10:56:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you get the UGuide quarterly magazine, there is a channel Guide in it each time that you can tear off and keep until the next one comes out. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

If you get the UGuide quarterly magazine, there is a channel Guide in it each time that you can tear off and keep until the next one comes out. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (10,130 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 5:52:56 PM
(0)
Contributor
I need the regular channel for NBC not the news
I need the regular channel for NBC not the news

5 of 10 (1,702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 6:02:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
KPRC is on chan 2
KPRC is on chan 2

6 of 10 (1,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 4:51:23 AM
(0)
Employee

aviewer wrote:
KPRC is on chan 2

They meant to say thanks for doing the search for them. Smiley Very Happy

aviewer wrote:
KPRC is on chan 2

They meant to say thanks for doing the search for them. Smiley Very Happy

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 10 (1,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 7:03:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

aviewer wrote:
KPRC is on chan 2

or 1002 if you want it in HD.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

aviewer wrote:
KPRC is on chan 2

or 1002 if you want it in HD.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

8 of 10 (1,662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 7:20:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I was thinking someone looking for a paper copy would not need an HD listing.

9 of 10 (1,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 11:24:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

aviewer wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

aviewer wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

10 of 10 (1,645 Views)