Changing IP.

Explorer

Changing IP.

[ Edited ]

I had U-Verse for almost a year now.My IP has been same since I got u-verse.I had DSL before this and I was able to change my ip when ever I wanted to.With U-verse I tried resetting my modem and it never worked.Is there an way to change my Ip?First I started chatting with U-Verse support and the agent told me to chat with ConnecTech. I chat with the agent and he/she said you need to contact to u-verse.I really wasted my time chatting with them.Can some one really help me change my ip.my modem is Motorola NVG-510. If I can't change my IP I think I might have to disconnect my service. :'( 

or is it possible to downgrade my service back to DSL?

Message 1 of 17 (1,252 Views)
Explorer

Re: Changing IP.

@mibrnsurg can you please tell me your modem type.And my frined has 3600-HGV i think.

Message 16 of 17 (784 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Changing IP.

Jot18 wrote:

@mibrnsurg can you please tell me your modem type.And my frined has 3600-HGV i think.

It's a 3800HG-V I've had for 5 years.  The 3600 should not be getting a new IP address as it's running on the same type VDSL2 system that I've never gotten a new IP address. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 17 (776 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support