Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 28, 2013
8:24:57 PM
View profile
Changed my internet order and upped my bill without asking

So I ordered AT&T 3 mbps internet service in September 2012 for a little under $30/month.

After six months of super slow speeds (a fifth of what I was paying for), I spent hours online with customer service and they sent over a repair person who told me my residence wasn't even able to get the speed I ordered. Then customer service informs me that I was switched over to 0.7 mbps internet months ago for $20/month, without ever being notified, and I'm told I will be fined if I terminate my one-year contract early.  I get a small credit on my bill ($80) and felt trapped into staying until the end of the one-year contract.

After all of this is figured out, they change my plan (again without notifying me) to a different version of 0.7 mbps and start charging me $30/month again. No one in customer service has been willing to help fix this and set the bill back to $20/month for the slower speed I never agreed to sign up for.  This has been a time consuming nightmare and I just want the billing fixed for the last few months of service before I can switch to another internet provider.

Please, anyone, tips?

So I ordered AT&T 3 mbps internet service in September 2012 for a little under $30/month.

After six months of super slow speeds (a fifth of what I was paying for), I spent hours online with customer service and they sent over a repair person who told me my residence wasn't even able to get the speed I ordered. Then customer service informs me that I was switched over to 0.7 mbps internet months ago for $20/month, without ever being notified, and I'm told I will be fined if I terminate my one-year contract early.  I get a small credit on my bill ($80) and felt trapped into staying until the end of the one-year contract.

After all of this is figured out, they change my plan (again without notifying me) to a different version of 0.7 mbps and start charging me $30/month again. No one in customer service has been willing to help fix this and set the bill back to $20/month for the slower speed I never agreed to sign up for.  This has been a time consuming nightmare and I just want the billing fixed for the last few months of service before I can switch to another internet provider.

Please, anyone, tips?

Changed my internet order and upped my bill without asking

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 8:44:34 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi Jess,

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please contact one of our dedicated customer support reps Monday-Saturday 10AM-8PM at 1-800-288-2020 and they will be glad to help you.

I would recommend asking to speak with a manager if this has been an ongoing issue.

Hi Jess,

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please contact one of our dedicated customer support reps Monday-Saturday 10AM-8PM at 1-800-288-2020 and they will be glad to help you.

I would recommend asking to speak with a manager if this has been an ongoing issue.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Changed my internet order and upped my bill without asking

2 of 4 (495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 10:50:16 AM
(0)
Contributor
When I called today, all I got was a message saying the office was closed (at 10:45am PST on a Saturday). What time zone are those hours for? I'm unable to call from 6am to 6pm PST Monday-Friday due to work.
When I called today, all I got was a message saying the office was closed (at 10:45am PST on a Saturday). What time zone are those hours for? I'm unable to call from 6am to 6pm PST Monday-Friday due to work.

3 of 4 (444 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 1:33:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

Get rid of AT&T as soon as you can. There are far better companies out there. Try Frontier better pricing and better promos if your not in Frontier territory just a simple search will provide you with better options. Changing your contract without your authorization is not legal so you have your out right there.

Get rid of AT&T as soon as you can. There are far better companies out there. Try Frontier better pricing and better promos if your not in Frontier territory just a simple search will provide you with better options. Changing your contract without your authorization is not legal so you have your out right there.

4 of 4 (406 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments