Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 13, 2013
1:17:10 PM
View profile
Cant sign up for Uverse

Hello,

Back in April I purchased a condo and shortly after I signed up for UVerse. I later received an email telling me there was a problem and I had to call customer service.  The guy I talked to told me that I there was already service to this address.  I told him that I had just moved to that address and that it was probably the people that lived there before me.  He told me that I needed to contact them and tell them to cancel their service.  I don't know the people and have no idea how to contact them and that shouldn't be my responsibility anyways.  So I signed up for Comcast.  

Now I have looked on Uverse's website again and their prices are lower than Comcast, so I would like to switch.  But when it asks for my address it says that there is still service here.  Is there anything that can be done?

Hello,

Back in April I purchased a condo and shortly after I signed up for UVerse. I later received an email telling me there was a problem and I had to call customer service.  The guy I talked to told me that I there was already service to this address.  I told him that I had just moved to that address and that it was probably the people that lived there before me.  He told me that I needed to contact them and tell them to cancel their service.  I don't know the people and have no idea how to contact them and that shouldn't be my responsibility anyways.  So I signed up for Comcast.  

Now I have looked on Uverse's website again and their prices are lower than Comcast, so I would like to switch.  But when it asks for my address it says that there is still service here.  Is there anything that can be done?

Cant sign up for Uverse

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 2:06:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
jason040888 - So, if the previous service is still active, the boxes must still be there, Just go ahead & use them. No, that would not be ethical. Forget I suggested that. If the boxes were not returned someone is going to be owing big bucks.

attcustomercare is here to help - click here to send a PM & initiate a dialog to get to a resolution - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
jason040888 - So, if the previous service is still active, the boxes must still be there, Just go ahead & use them. No, that would not be ethical. Forget I suggested that. If the boxes were not returned someone is going to be owing big bucks.

attcustomercare is here to help - click here to send a PM & initiate a dialog to get to a resolution - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cant sign up for Uverse

2 of 4 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 3:19:02 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello jason040888,

I understand you are having a hard time getting U-verse service at your new location and I apologize about this. I can help you investigate the account blocking your address and verify if it is accurately showing active services in our systems. I have sent you a private message to gather specific details and assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello jason040888,

I understand you are having a hard time getting U-verse service at your new location and I apologize about this. I can help you investigate the account blocking your address and verify if it is accurately showing active services in our systems. I have sent you a private message to gather specific details and assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (407 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 7:29:05 AM
(0)
Employee

Update for jason040888,

I have some good news! The account that was blocking your address from having service has been taken care of. You can submit your order for service when you are ready to do so with a representative over the phone or by visiting
http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/index.jsp?address_id=&ref_from=shop&zip=40245#fbid=lEj0FUaldII

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Update for jason040888,

I have some good news! The account that was blocking your address from having service has been taken care of. You can submit your order for service when you are ready to do so with a representative over the phone or by visiting
http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/index.jsp?address_id=&ref_from=shop&zip=40245#fbid=lEj0FUaldII

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (352 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments