Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 3, 2014
7:16:40 AM
View profile
Cannot send emails using Windows Live Mail after having U-verse internet installed.

I have recently installed U-verse internet at my home.  I use Windows Live Mail.  After installation I am unable to send emails using my NON att email account using Windows Live Mail.  I have been told that the ports are blocked.  Is there a remedy?

I have recently installed U-verse internet at my home.  I use Windows Live Mail.  After installation I am unable to send emails using my NON att email account using Windows Live Mail.  I have been told that the ports are blocked.  Is there a remedy?

Cannot send emails using Windows Live Mail after having U-verse internet installed.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 1:21:08 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @muellerr,

I apologize about the issues you are having, but I will be happy to look into this for you. By default, we do block port 25, so if your mail server uses that, then that may be the reason it is not working now. I will be sending you a private message to look into this further to see if there might be any other issues.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @muellerr,

I apologize about the issues you are having, but I will be happy to look into this for you. By default, we do block port 25, so if your mail server uses that, then that may be the reason it is not working now. I will be sending you a private message to look into this further to see if there might be any other issues.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Cannot send emails using Windows Live Mail after having U-verse internet installed.

2 of 2 (138 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments