Helpful Links

Cannot send emails using Windows Live Mail after having U-verse internet installed.

Contributor

Cannot send emails using Windows Live Mail after having U-verse internet installed.

I have recently installed U-verse internet at my home.  I use Windows Live Mail.  After installation I am unable to send emails using my NON att email account using Windows Live Mail.  I have been told that the ports are blocked.  Is there a remedy?

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: Cannot send emails using Windows Live Mail after having U-verse internet installed.

Hi @muellerr,

I apologize about the issues you are having, but I will be happy to look into this for you. By default, we do block port 25, so if your mail server uses that, then that may be the reason it is not working now. I will be sending you a private message to look into this further to see if there might be any other issues.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support