Cannot install McAfee

Highlighted
Contributor

Cannot install McAfee

I try to download the McAfee but failed many times. I did it before on my previous laptop. Please help.

Message 1 of 6 (535 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Cannot install McAfee

What kind of computer are you using(MAC/PC) and what's your operating system(Windows 7, 8.1, etc.)?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (530 Views)
Contributor

It is a Dell laptop, Win 7.

Message 3 of 6 (527 Views)
ACE - Expert

What is preventing you from the install?

At what point do you get an error?

What is that error?

What have you tried so far?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (521 Views)
ACE - Professor

Consider installing Microsoft Security Essentials instead.  It's easy on your computer, updates in the background, and doesn't annoy you with a popup everytime you start browsing the web or playing an online game.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download?os=win7&src=ia&iaaid=5000530...

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 5 of 6 (501 Views)
Contributor

Thanks, I install Miscrosoft Security Essentials instead.

Still don't know why cannot install McAfee.

Message 6 of 6 (497 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.