Cannot edit or select addresses with Windows 8.1 and IE 11

Contributor

Cannot edit or select addresses with Windows 8.1 and IE 11

I just installed Windows 8.1 and IE 11 and I can't edit my email addresses or select my previously established group email addresses.  When I click on a contact it shows the one above it instead.  This only happens with Internet Explorer.  I tried Firefox and all the email features worked.  I added the mail website to my compatability settings but that didn't help.  Any ideas how to fix this as I prefer using IE to Firefox.

Message 1 of 5 (821 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Cannot edit or select addresses with Windows 8.1 and IE 11

[ Edited ]

What email service are you using? Are you accessing your site via IE11 in Metro or desktop mode?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (776 Views)
Contributor

I use the desktop mode to access my email.
Message 3 of 5 (747 Views)
Community Support

Hi dadret3,

I have found other posts with compatibility issues with certain pages with IE 11, and I can only assume that is what is happening here. I am still on Windows 7 on all my machines, so have not tried IE 11 yet, but I will give it a try to see if I get the same error. In the meantime, the workaround for most people has been to uninstall IE 11 and revert back to a previous version. Also, with the windows live mail settings, hopefully this information helps:

Follow the instructions below to set up Windows Live Mail for your AT&T email account.

1. Windows Live Mail is part of the Windows Live Essentials suite of programs which can be downloaded. Click Start > All Programs > Windows Live > Windows Live Mail.
  2. Select Add e-mail account. If you are using Windows Live Mail for the first time, it will automatically pop open the Add e-mail account window. Add email account
  3. In the Email address field, enter your full AT&T email address including the domain.
  4. In the Password field, enter the password associated with your AT&T email address.
  5. Select the check box beside Remember password.
  6. In the Display Name field, enter your name the way that you want it to appear to other people when you send an email.
  7. Select the check box beside Manually configure server settings for this e-mail account.
  8. Click Next.Next in the lower right corner
  9. From the My incoming mail server is a___ drop-down menu, select POP3.
  10. In the Incoming server field, enter inbound.att.net
  11. Select the check box beside This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
  12. In the Port field to the right of Incoming server, type 995
  13. From the Log on using drop-down menu, select Clear text authentication.
  14. In the Login ID field, enter your full AT&T email address. This field will default to only the first part of your email address. You must type in the full address, including the domain e.g., test@att.net.
  15. In the Outgoing server field, enter outbound.att.net
  16. Select the check box beside This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
  17. In the Port field to the right of Outgoing server, type 465
  18. Select the check box beside My outgoing server requires authentication.
  19. Click Next. Next button
  20. If you intend to use this as your primary email account select the check box beside Set this account as the default mail account.
  21. Click Finish. Finish in the lower right corner

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (711 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

I downloaded IE 11 at home, and everything worked fine for me. I left everything at default settings. I have ran into issues where the pages do not load sometimes, and I have to refresh it to get it to pop up and it appears to only happen when I open multiple tabs at the same time. One thing that is different though is I am using IE 11 on Windows 7, so it may be completely different.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 5 (684 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.