Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 12, 2013
3:20:03 PM
Cannot connect to WORK VPN thru u-verse at home

I am using Juniper VPN Client. but as soon as i type the https://vpn.mywork.com the page doesnt even load. tried DMZ mode too. no luck. any help ?????

I am using Juniper VPN Client. but as soon as i type the https://vpn.mywork.com the page doesnt even load. tried DMZ mode too. no luck. any help ?????

Cannot connect to WORK VPN thru u-verse at home

12 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 4:10:42 PM
(0)
Professor
Have you tried contacting your work tech support regarding this? As for the DMZ mode, take it out of there, it is not needed to be in there. If I had to guess, it is a issue with either the work side, or the setup of the client on your computer at your home.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
Have you tried contacting your work tech support regarding this? As for the DMZ mode, take it out of there, it is not needed to be in there. If I had to guess, it is a issue with either the work side, or the setup of the client on your computer at your home.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Cannot connect to WORK VPN thru u-verse at home

2 of 13 (3,697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 4:17:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

if i take my laptop outside my home, to a motel, connect to their wifi and try, it works just fine. It doesnt work ony at home !!!

if i take my laptop outside my home, to a motel, connect to their wifi and try, it works just fine. It doesnt work ony at home !!!

3 of 13 (3,698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 7:39:39 PM
(0)
Professor

need_vpn_2013 wrote:

That is because it is a different provider most likely.  See http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Juniper-networks-loses-connection-every-20-seconds/td-p...  The info is from 2011, but it should still work.  Otherwise, the only other suggestion is to get a router and place that in the DMZ zone, not your computer, then use that to connect your computer through, for your VPN connection.  The later has worked for others with no problems, so I do not see any reason why it should not work for you.

See http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth... regarding placing your own third party router in DMZ Plus zone.

need_vpn_2013 wrote:

That is because it is a different provider most likely.  See http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Juniper-networks-loses-connection-every-20-seconds/td-p/2882755  The info is from 2011, but it should still work.  Otherwise, the only other suggestion is to get a router and place that in the DMZ zone, not your computer, then use that to connect your computer through, for your VPN connection.  The later has worked for others with no problems, so I do not see any reason why it should not work for you.

See http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/m-p/2707755#M182 regarding placing your own third party router in DMZ Plus zone.

4 of 13 (3,674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2013 5:27:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

Tred both, not working!

Tred both, not working!

5 of 13 (3,646 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2013 6:10:50 AM
(0)
Professor
Then you need to contact your IT department, that their VPN connection is not recognizing your IP that you are using at your home, whether you use a third party router in the DMZ zone, if you actually did try, or without, by following the info they gave you.

You should not have to open any ports, or place the computer into DMZ, both both of those links work for others, so the last thing I can state, which I already did, is contact your IT department if this is work related.

Then you need to contact your IT department, that their VPN connection is not recognizing your IP that you are using at your home, whether you use a third party router in the DMZ zone, if you actually did try, or without, by following the info they gave you.

You should not have to open any ports, or place the computer into DMZ, both both of those links work for others, so the last thing I can state, which I already did, is contact your IT department if this is work related.

6 of 13 (3,636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2013 2:24:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

Like i told you already, it works fine from other networks. also, I tried putting a 3rd party router in dmz mode 2 months ago. it is not working. when i trace the ip call, i get this:

tracert vpn.navistar.com

Tracing route to vpn.navistar.com [167.6.247.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     3 ms     2 ms     2 ms  homeportal [192.168.1.254]
  2    37 ms    31 ms    36 ms  172-0-172-3.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net [172
.0.172.3]
  3    61 ms     *        *     71.145.65.26
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6    34 ms    30 ms    30 ms  12.83.43.13
  7    37 ms    31 ms    32 ms  gar3.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.132.213]
  8    37 ms    32 ms    36 ms  12.249.183.6
  9    39 ms    34 ms    34 ms  mke1-ar3-xe-1-0-0-0.us.twtelecom.net [66.192.241
.74]
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Does this mean anything?????

Like i told you already, it works fine from other networks. also, I tried putting a 3rd party router in dmz mode 2 months ago. it is not working. when i trace the ip call, i get this:

tracert vpn.navistar.com

Tracing route to vpn.navistar.com [167.6.247.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     3 ms     2 ms     2 ms  homeportal [192.168.1.254]
  2    37 ms    31 ms    36 ms  172-0-172-3.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net [172
.0.172.3]
  3    61 ms     *        *     71.145.65.26
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6    34 ms    30 ms    30 ms  12.83.43.13
  7    37 ms    31 ms    32 ms  gar3.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.132.213]
  8    37 ms    32 ms    36 ms  12.249.183.6
  9    39 ms    34 ms    34 ms  mke1-ar3-xe-1-0-0-0.us.twtelecom.net [66.192.241
.74]
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Does this mean anything?????

7 of 13 (3,617 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 7:51:32 AM
(0)
Professor
Again, you need to work with your IT department on this issue.

8 of 13 (3,593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 7:53:23 AM
(0)
Professor
lso to add, you will get a time out from pings, when the router/firewall is configured to reject ping requests, for security concerns. They do not want people to find open ports to allow them to attempt a breach of security.

lso to add, you will get a time out from pings, when the router/firewall is configured to reject ping requests, for security concerns. They do not want people to find open ports to allow them to attempt a breach of security.

9 of 13 (3,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 2:52:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Feb 15, 2013 at 2:54:33 PM

need_vpn_2013 wrote:

Funny you should mention that, a co-worker could not connect today to our work VPN via his newish Comcast Router/Modem/Access Point.

When I tellework, I sign into VPN after I log onto my work PC.  Here is my question: Is your work PC seeing your router?  My work PC is connected and I can get into Google, Accuweather and so on, before I even try to connect to the VPN.

If you can't "see" that connection, there is no way that you can connect to your VPN.  Have you tried an Ethernet cable from the U-Verse router to the work PC?  That did the trick for the guy here today. 

I see no need at all to contact your work, IT department since it's apparent that it is a handshake issue between the U-Verse equipment and your work PC.  They can't set up your U-Verse modem's security.

If your PC connects okay to the U-Verse modem but not VPN (which from my reading is not the case), then your work IT office will have you uninstall some Juniper modules but since you can connect elsewhere, they can't help you.

need_vpn_2013 wrote:

Funny you should mention that, a co-worker could not connect today to our work VPN via his newish Comcast Router/Modem/Access Point.

When I tellework, I sign into VPN after I log onto my work PC.  Here is my question: Is your work PC seeing your router?  My work PC is connected and I can get into Google, Accuweather and so on, before I even try to connect to the VPN.

If you can't "see" that connection, there is no way that you can connect to your VPN.  Have you tried an Ethernet cable from the U-Verse router to the work PC?  That did the trick for the guy here today. 

I see no need at all to contact your work, IT department since it's apparent that it is a handshake issue between the U-Verse equipment and your work PC.  They can't set up your U-Verse modem's security.

If your PC connects okay to the U-Verse modem but not VPN (which from my reading is not the case), then your work IT office will have you uninstall some Juniper modules but since you can connect elsewhere, they can't help you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
10 of 13 (3,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 9:40:36 AM
(0)
Voyager
I too have the same problem, as well as someone else in the office. Both use ATT Uverse, both CAN use VPN outside the home, but can not use VPN within the home. This is with all of my computers/laptops. A few weeks ago it VPN worked fine. ATT even sent a new modem.... still does not work. Getting ready to cancel internet with ATT, I really need to use VPN at home, and not at Starbucks!
I too have the same problem, as well as someone else in the office. Both use ATT Uverse, both CAN use VPN outside the home, but can not use VPN within the home. This is with all of my computers/laptops. A few weeks ago it VPN worked fine. ATT even sent a new modem.... still does not work. Getting ready to cancel internet with ATT, I really need to use VPN at home, and not at Starbucks!

11 of 13 (3,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 3:17:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Might want to check out this about VPN:

http://support.2wire.com/?page=view&article=20&text=VPN&cat=&sort=

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Might want to check out this about VPN:

http://support.2wire.com/?page=view&article=20&text=VPN&cat=&sort=

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

12 of 13 (3,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2016 7:07:45 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ILLIN0IS on Feb 15, 2016 at 7:14:38 AM
Having same issue here vpn with RDP times out.But can connect with att hotspot.This issue is happening down in the Florida keys. Driving me and my boss nuts.
Having same issue here vpn with RDP times out.But can connect with att hotspot.This issue is happening down in the Florida keys. Driving me and my boss nuts.

[ Edited ]
13 of 13 (497 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments