Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 13, 2013
8:15:13 AM
View profile
Cannot Log-in to the iPhone U-Verse app

We are new to u-verse and I just downloaded the U-Verse app for the iPhone.  I am getting an invalid u-verse Member ID or Password.  I've deleted and re-installed, updated password, etc and nothing is working.  Can anyone help?

We are new to u-verse and I just downloaded the U-Verse app for the iPhone.  I am getting an invalid u-verse Member ID or Password.  I've deleted and re-installed, updated password, etc and nothing is working.  Can anyone help?

Cannot Log-in to the iPhone U-Verse app

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 10:40:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
youngrn31 - A few things for you to check -

Check to make sure your phone is connected to the U_verse wi-fi network.

Check channel 9301 to make sure your device is u-verse enabled.

I guess I am already signed in because I do not see where to sign-in. I expect the app sign-in to be your base e-mail. Same as you use to sign-in to myatt site. THere used to be a way to verify that the interactive section has that same ID. But, I do not know about it now. Hopefully one of the first two will get it working. Please let me know.
youngrn31 - A few things for you to check -

Check to make sure your phone is connected to the U_verse wi-fi network.

Check channel 9301 to make sure your device is u-verse enabled.

I guess I am already signed in because I do not see where to sign-in. I expect the app sign-in to be your base e-mail. Same as you use to sign-in to myatt site. THere used to be a way to verify that the interactive section has that same ID. But, I do not know about it now. Hopefully one of the first two will get it working. Please let me know.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cannot Log-in to the iPhone U-Verse app

2 of 3 (1,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 11:30:35 AM
(0)
Guru

Just as an aside, I believe that the user signs in upon initial setup of the U-verse app, but never again.  I think a previous version of the app had the option of staying signed in versus signing out, but that has changed.

One additional suggestion, as silly as it sounds, would be to check that the user ID and password work on att.com also--this would help determine whether the problem is with the app itself, or with the sign-in.  You can then call support if you have not done so already.  

In my experience, the app has glitches--for example, it seems to randomly retain recorded shows that have been deleted from the DVR.  It is by no means seamless, and I'm sorry it is giving you trouble.  But I do not see any way to change any settings regarding sign-in that might help you.  Hope it works out--like aviewer says, please post back with your results.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

Just as an aside, I believe that the user signs in upon initial setup of the U-verse app, but never again.  I think a previous version of the app had the option of staying signed in versus signing out, but that has changed.

One additional suggestion, as silly as it sounds, would be to check that the user ID and password work on att.com also--this would help determine whether the problem is with the app itself, or with the sign-in.  You can then call support if you have not done so already.  

In my experience, the app has glitches--for example, it seems to randomly retain recorded shows that have been deleted from the DVR.  It is by no means seamless, and I'm sorry it is giving you trouble.  But I do not see any way to change any settings regarding sign-in that might help you.  Hope it works out--like aviewer says, please post back with your results.

docbombay

Re: Cannot Log-in to the iPhone U-Verse app

3 of 3 (1,315 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments