Helpful Links

Cancelled - no service - who do I contact?

Teacher

Cancelled - no service - who do I contact?

HELLO PERHAPS I MAY BE IN THE WRONG AREA BUT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DIRECTME TO THE RIGHT ONE? 3 YEARS BACK I SIGNED UP FOR THAT AIR CARD WIRELESS BAORDBAND AS THEY CALLED IT. RAN A CREDIT CHECK TODAY AND LEARNED THAT THIS IS ON MY CREDIT RECORD. AS STATED IT HAS BEEN OVER 3 YEARS NOW. THEY PROMISED THAT IN THE AREA I SPOKE TO THEM ABOUT THAT THIS USB CARD WOULD GET SERVICE IN THAT AREA THAT I SIGNED UP FOR! IT NEVER DID AND WOULD NOT EVEN SIGN ON AND I NEVER GOT TO USE IT EVEN ONCE! NOT ONE SINGLE CONNECTION EVER! WELL I CALLED THEM THEY GAVE ME AN ADDRESS TO SEND THE UNIT BACK TO THEM AND ALL OF THIS BEING WITHIN THE AMOUNT OF DAYS ACCORING WITH MY SIGNED CONTRACT PLAN. I CANCELLED IT AND TOLD THEM IT WAS WORTHLESS AND IF I COULD NOT USE OT TO CANCEL IT THEN! SO I SENT THE UNIT BACK. I DO NOT REMEMBER THE EXACT MODEL OF THE UNIT BUT COME TO FIND OUT THERE IS A RECORD OF LIKE 485 DOLLARS FOR A COLLECTION ON MY RECORD THAT I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A LETTER FOR! HOW FUNNY IS THAT AFTER I HAVE HAD ALL OF THEIR WEB SITE SERVICES, MY HOME PHONE, DSL, ALL OF OUR CELLS ECT WITH THEM FOR 20 YEARS NOW?

 

I AM WRITING TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN DIRECT ME TO WHERE I NEED TO CALL OR I WOULD RATHER EMAIL SO I HAVE RECORD OF WHAT IS BEING DONE AND SAID. IF NOT THEN I SHALL RECORD EVERY CONVERSATION I HAVE WITH THEM. HOW FUNNY THAT WE SIGNED UO FOR A NEW SERVICE WITH ALL OUT STUFF COMBINED AND HIS WAYS NOT BROUGHT TO MY ATTN AND THEY EVERN RAN A CREDIT CHECK. NOW YOU WOULD THINK IF I OWED THEM THEY WOULD NOT OF ACCEPTED ME OR US, RIGHT?

 

SO WHAT IS GOING IN HERE? I NEED SOME DIRECTION. EACH TIME I ACCESS THE SITE IT ASKS ME ABOUT WHAT SERVICE AND THE OPRESENT SERVICE IS WHERE I AK TAKEN TO AND NOT PAST OR ANY INFO TO WHERE I CAN CALL THEM AND FIND OUT ABOUT THIS NOT EVEN THE CHAT WORKS! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY TO MY {Personal content removed for your safety}..NEY EMAIL ADDY WITH SOME KIND OF HELP?

 

LOST, DAZED , JADED, AND RATHER UPSET BY THIS ALL!

JD

738 Views
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Master

Re: Cancelled - no service - who do I contact?


JDHICKLEN wrote:

HELLO PERHAPS I MAY BE IN THE WRONG AREA BUT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DIRECTME TO THE RIGHT ONE? 3 YEARS BACK I SIGNED UP FOR THAT AIR CARD WIRELESS BAORDBAND AS THEY CALLED IT. RAN A CREDIT CHECK TODAY AND LEARNED THAT THIS IS ON MY CREDIT RECORD. AS STATED IT HAS BEEN OVER 3 YEARS NOW. THEY PROMISED THAT IN THE AREA I SPOKE TO THEM ABOUT THAT THIS USB CARD WOULD GET SERVICE IN THAT AREA THAT I SIGNED UP FOR! IT NEVER DID AND WOULD NOT EVEN SIGN ON AND I NEVER GOT TO USE IT EVEN ONCE! NOT ONE SINGLE CONNECTION EVER! WELL I CALLED THEM THEY GAVE ME AN ADDRESS TO SEND THE UNIT BACK TO THEM AND ALL OF THIS BEING WITHIN THE AMOUNT OF DAYS ACCORING WITH MY SIGNED CONTRACT PLAN. I CANCELLED IT AND TOLD THEM IT WAS WORTHLESS AND IF I COULD NOT USE OT TO CANCEL IT THEN! SO I SENT THE UNIT BACK. I DO NOT REMEMBER THE EXACT MODEL OF THE UNIT BUT COME TO FIND OUT THERE IS A RECORD OF LIKE 485 DOLLARS FOR A COLLECTION ON MY RECORD THAT I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A LETTER FOR! HOW FUNNY IS THAT AFTER I HAVE HAD ALL OF THEIR WEB SITE SERVICES, MY HOME PHONE, DSL, ALL OF OUR CELLS ECT WITH THEM FOR 20 YEARS NOW?

 

I AM WRITING TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN DIRECT ME TO WHERE I NEED TO CALL OR I WOULD RATHER EMAIL SO I HAVE RECORD OF WHAT IS BEING DONE AND SAID. IF NOT THEN I SHALL RECORD EVERY CONVERSATION I HAVE WITH THEM. HOW FUNNY THAT WE SIGNED UO FOR A NEW SERVICE WITH ALL OUT STUFF COMBINED AND HIS WAYS NOT BROUGHT TO MY ATTN AND THEY EVERN RAN A CREDIT CHECK. NOW YOU WOULD THINK IF I OWED THEM THEY WOULD NOT OF ACCEPTED ME OR US, RIGHT?

 

SO WHAT IS GOING IN HERE? I NEED SOME DIRECTION. EACH TIME I ACCESS THE SITE IT ASKS ME ABOUT WHAT SERVICE AND THE OPRESENT SERVICE IS WHERE I AK TAKEN TO AND NOT PAST OR ANY INFO TO WHERE I CAN CALL THEM AND FIND OUT ABOUT THIS NOT EVEN THE CHAT WORKS! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY TO MY {Personal content removed for your safety}..NEY EMAIL ADDY WITH SOME KIND OF HELP?

 

LOST, DAZED , JADED, AND RATHER UPSET BY THIS ALL!

JD


I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

 

I would also ask that you not type in all capital letters. It's hard to read and is the internet equivalent of shouting.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cancelled - no service - who do I contact?

I see that a person from ATT (I assume) recomended that you contact them privately and not type in all caps because it is the internet version for shouting. I too hate when people write in all caps....HOWEVER, YOU HAVE TO SCREAM AND SHOUT WITH ATT. THEY HAVE THE SHADIEST BILLING PRACTICES OF ANY CARRIER OUT THERE AND THEY KNOW IT. BEEN WITH THEM 8 GRUELING YEARS BECAUSE THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE COVERAGE AT THE TIME. WILL BE LEAVING THEM FOREVER AS SOON AS THIS LAST CONTRACT IS UP NOW THAT MORE OPTIONS ARE COMMING TO MY ZIP CODE. I CALLED TO GET THERE ASSISTANCE A WEEK AGO ON A BILLING ISSUE. I ASKED FOR A SUPERVISOR AND WAS PASSED TO SOMEONE. WHILE THEY SPOKE TO ME THERE WERE OTHER REPS LAUGHING IN THE BACKGROUND TAKING PLEASURE IN MY MISERY. MY 5 MEMBER FAMILY PLAN WILL BE CANCELLED FOREVER AS SOON AS THAT DOOR OPENS. KEEP YELLING. THEY DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Message 3 of 8
Expert

Re: Cancelled - no service - who do I contact?


piratefighter wrote:

I see that a person from ATT (I assume) recomended that you contact them privately and not type in all caps because it is the internet version for shouting. I too hate when people write in all caps....HOWEVER, YOU HAVE TO SCREAM AND SHOUT WITH ATT. THEY HAVE THE SHADIEST BILLING PRACTICES OF ANY CARRIER OUT THERE AND THEY KNOW IT. BEEN WITH THEM 8 GRUELING YEARS BECAUSE THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE COVERAGE AT THE TIME. WILL BE LEAVING THEM FOREVER AS SOON AS THIS LAST CONTRACT IS UP NOW THAT MORE OPTIONS ARE COMMING TO MY ZIP CODE. I CALLED TO GET THERE ASSISTANCE A WEEK AGO ON A BILLING ISSUE. I ASKED FOR A SUPERVISOR AND WAS PASSED TO SOMEONE. WHILE THEY SPOKE TO ME THERE WERE OTHER REPS LAUGHING IN THE BACKGROUND TAKING PLEASURE IN MY MISERY. MY 5 MEMBER FAMILY PLAN WILL BE CANCELLED FOREVER AS SOON AS THAT DOOR OPENS. KEEP YELLING. THEY DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11


first off, you assume wrong that Miccheck is a att employee, they are not. An ATTemployee would be designated as one, plus they would have a disclaimer that they are employee's, this is mandatory.

 

 

Been with att since before they where broken up by the goverment, never have to "scream and shout" at them. If you are that unhappy, why stay and keep giving them money? Curious how you know the other reps where laughing at you?

 

 

By the way, I am not a employee of att, have never been one. Also posting in all caps does not get you anything.

Message 4 of 8

Re: Cancelled - no service - who do I contact?

Well, if you actually read what I said you would see that im still with
them because they were the only ones that provided service in my area that
was reliable. You would also have read that I will be leaving as soon as
this contract is up as there will be more options then. How is it curious
that I heard them laughing...they were "laughing" and the sound of that
laughter was picked up ny the phones microphone and transmitted to my ear
piece. I heard the laughter the same way I hear anything. It was obvious.
When I was running my own business prior to ATT I used T-Mobil. The service
was great for where I was located and the customer service was amazing. No
continuous "accidental" mistakes on billing. In fact, no mistakes on
billing ever. Im not alone. Unless you were grandfathered in with unlimited
everything (meaning there cant be over charges), then ATT's billing
practices will try to steal from you. Since you have been with them since
the beginning of time then you are probably grandfathered in and have
unlimited everything so they will seem great to you. Why? Because their
coverage is excellent. Thats not my complaint. The have consistently
overcharged me. Admitted fault, apologized, refunded, then did it again the
very next billing cycle. They continue this until you are exhausted, give
in ..and upgrade your service and pay more. They did it when I fought them
for a year about not allowing any text on my kids phones. Was over charged
every month for texts my kids were receiving. Apologized because they saw
where I ordered them not to have any inbound or outbound text, then
refunded my money. Next month same thing. This continued until I finally
gave in and got unlimited text for everyone. Their pressure tactics worked.
I specifically stated NO text in or out for my kids when the account was
opened. They made my cell phone life miserable until I got the plan they
wanted me to have. When we went to smart phones they did the same thing. We
went a year with no trouble then my wife and I started receiving data
overage charges even tho our habits didnt change. We won and were refunded
the erroneous charges. Same thing next month. For a solid month after that
I had mobile network turned off on both phones and we still went over
(impossible). Talking to their customer no-service was extremely
frustrating. I know more about managing, operating, and servicing networks
then any of them and couldn't get them to comprehend that our mobil data
was off. OK so again I gave up and they won. I bought both my wife and I
the 3GB plan (instead of the 200mb we had).They put my wifes 3GB plan on my
sons phone by mistake. However, even tho they associates her 3GB plan with
our sons phone she all of a sudden stopped going over the 200mb she
originally had. In fact she never came close to going over. There is only
one explanation for this. She never was going over in the first place but
they got the upgrade they wanted so they stopped adding erroneous charges
to our bill. This is further corroborated by the fact that I started using
the web more on my phone because of the 3GB plan they strong armed me into
buying and still do not go over the 200mb I had on our original contract. I
just wanted someone to explain all of these mysterious issues. I was told
that no one could tell me why i was using the data and now im not. This is
an outright lie. Someone there can track down the history files on my
account and explain the data usage. They refused to do it. When I asked for
a supervisor and they "transferred" me to one I could clearly hear others
snickering in the background while she talked down to me like I do not
understand how to use my device. I build and manage LAN's and computers. I
write basic custom ROM's for Android devices as a hobby. I understand
mobile and LAN networks better then the customer service reps I talk to. I
am fed up and will be leaving as soon as a feasible exit presents itself. I
have to have a phone so I am stuck with them due to where I live and
conduct business now. Towers are popping up everywhere around here this
year. and other services will provide reliable coverage soon. I am not the
only one with these issues. Reports like this about ATT are all over the
forums here and elsewhere. If you weren't grandfathered in to the unlimited
everything deal then ATT is horrible. If you were grandfathered in then you
would never know...

Message 5 of 8
Expert

Re: Cancelled - no service - who do I contact?

Multiple JDPowers awards recently, approximately 133 million customers they must do something right. If you read the other carriers forums you see the same types of issues. I carry phone from multiple US based carriers and international carriers. ATT ranks above a lot of them, best customer service hands down is Globalstar.

 

 

By the way been the business of custom tech hardware/software/consulting for over 4 decades, so I seem to understand the tech myself

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Master

Re: Cancelled - no service - who do I contact?


piratefighter wrote:

How is it curious
that I heard them laughing...they were "laughing" and the sound of that
laughter was picked up ny the phones microphone and transmitted to my ear
piece. I heard the laughter the same way I hear anything. It was obvious.


As wingrider pointed out, I'm not an AT&T rep. However, I have been one in the past. I know that when time allows, reps enjoy having fun, and laughing/joking with each other. It's often a stressful job, and reps need to have fun once in a while. I'm quite certain the laughing had nothing to do with you or your call. 

 

If you still need assistance, definitely contact AT&T customer care at the link below.

 

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Cancelled - no service - who do I contact?

Hello, JDHICKLEN and piratefighter!

 

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry about any unpleasant experiences you may have had recently. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know via private message by clicking here.

 

In your message please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

 

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

 

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support