Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 7, 2014
2:01:54 PM
View profile
Can you have U-Verse internet without having it connecting to a desktop?

We have U-Verse but it's connected to a desktop we don't use. Long story short, we want to get rid of the desktop but don't have a clue as to whether we can have U-Verse internet without having it connect to a desktop. We all use our laptops.

We have U-Verse but it's connected to a desktop we don't use. Long story short, we want to get rid of the desktop but don't have a clue as to whether we can have U-Verse internet without having it connect to a desktop. We all use our laptops.

Can you have U-Verse internet without having it connecting to a desktop?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2014 2:02:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, you can have U-verse HSI and not have any computer connected by cable.

It helps with diagnosing problems if you have any, but it isn't required just to use it.

Yes, you can have U-verse HSI and not have any computer connected by cable.

It helps with diagnosing problems if you have any, but it isn't required just to use it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can you have U-Verse internet without having it connecting to a desktop?

2 of 3 (230 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2014 3:10:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
rfisher019 - Get rif of the computer, but keep the cat 5 cable used to connect. Then if you are having problems with the internet, you can use thecsable to connect a laptop to see if it is a wireless problem or a broadband problem, such as jeffer mentions.
rfisher019 - Get rif of the computer, but keep the cat 5 cable used to connect. Then if you are having problems with the internet, you can use thecsable to connect a laptop to see if it is a wireless problem or a broadband problem, such as jeffer mentions.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can you have U-Verse internet without having it connecting to a desktop?

3 of 3 (215 Views)