Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 26, 2013
4:48:30 PM
View profile
Can these forums help?
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 27, 2013 at 10:21:26 AM

Well, let's see if the forum can help.

I've been an AT&T/BellSouth customer in Florida for more than 20 years, yet something happened last June that I've never dealt-with before. Because of U-Verse equipment malfunction, I ended up with 2 damaged TVs, and a disabled Ethernet card.

The U-Verse equipment in my house, but only the U-Verse equipment went bad all at the same time. An AT&T technicIan came in, and replaced the U-Verse modem, the router, and two receivers: that was the easy part. Then on his way out, he said that the HDMI ports on the 2 TVs where the U-Verse receivers were connected no longer work. He had to use the Component ports Of the TV as a work-around solution.

The disabled TV HDMI ports are the primary ports for all the equipment surrounding the TV sets, but because of a U-Verse event, we no longer can plug them in. When I asked AT&T to fix that situation, they first directed me to their 3rd-party Risk Management company called Fedgwick. There, they promptly declined my claim on the ground that the damages were caused by a general power surge in my house. The agent, with a rudely dismissive attitude, held his opinion even though the AT&T Tec would have testified that nothing else in my house was affected: only the U-Verse equipment and the ports that they were attached-to were damaged.

Now, because of the U-Verse equipment malfunction, I'm left with 2 deffective HDMI TV ports, and one disabled Ethernet PC Card. Can this forum help escalate my claim?

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

I've been an AT&T/BellSouth customer in Florida for more than 20 years, yet something happened last June that I've never dealt-with before. Because of U-Verse equipment malfunction, I ended up with 2 damaged TVs, and a disabled Ethernet card.

The U-Verse equipment in my house, but only the U-Verse equipment went bad all at the same time. An AT&T technicIan came in, and replaced the U-Verse modem, the router, and two receivers: that was the easy part. Then on his way out, he said that the HDMI ports on the 2 TVs where the U-Verse receivers were connected no longer work. He had to use the Component ports Of the TV as a work-around solution.

The disabled TV HDMI ports are the primary ports for all the equipment surrounding the TV sets, but because of a U-Verse event, we no longer can plug them in. When I asked AT&T to fix that situation, they first directed me to their 3rd-party Risk Management company called Fedgwick. There, they promptly declined my claim on the ground that the damages were caused by a general power surge in my house. The agent, with a rudely dismissive attitude, held his opinion even though the AT&T Tec would have testified that nothing else in my house was affected: only the U-Verse equipment and the ports that they were attached-to were damaged.

Now, because of the U-Verse equipment malfunction, I'm left with 2 deffective HDMI TV ports, and one disabled Ethernet PC Card. Can this forum help escalate my claim?

Can these forums help?

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 5:35:22 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 27, 2013 at 10:21:58 AM

Christozoid wrote:

Sorry to hear of the damages to your equipment, and yes this forum can help. Send a Private Message to the Uverse Escalation Team at ATTU-verseCare and someone will get back to you tonight or tomorrow.

To check for their reply click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

Back when I had Uverse in 08-09, I had an AT&T tech fry a component input on my 6 month old 42 inch TV when he was swapping out the DVR. I called AT&T and they gave me a phone number to call (don't know if it's the same people you talked with), after explaining how the tech damaged the TV they said they'd have to get current value info on my TV. They called back about 2 or 3 days later and said they would send me a check for $700, which I received a couple weeks later.

Hope things turn out as well for you. Come back and let us know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Christozoid wrote:

Sorry to hear of the damages to your equipment, and yes this forum can help. Send a Private Message to the Uverse Escalation Team at ATTU-verseCare and someone will get back to you tonight or tomorrow.

To check for their reply click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

Back when I had Uverse in 08-09, I had an AT&T tech fry a component input on my 6 month old 42 inch TV when he was swapping out the DVR. I called AT&T and they gave me a phone number to call (don't know if it's the same people you talked with), after explaining how the tech damaged the TV they said they'd have to get current value info on my TV. They called back about 2 or 3 days later and said they would send me a check for $700, which I received a couple weeks later.

Hope things turn out as well for you. Come back and let us know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Can these forums help?

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 7:16:37 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 27, 2013 at 10:22:28 AM

Will try that. Thanks

Will try that. Thanks

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 7:34:54 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 27, 2013 at 10:22:56 AM

What you described is normally seen with a near lightning strike that enters the equipment thru the phone cable and disbursed to equipment hardwired to RG, wireless set top boxes would not be affected but the wireless access point on ethernet would as well as dvr or hardwired set top boxes ethernet, generally equipment attached by coax on HPNA network would not be. If correct then that would have been the findings of the third party. In these situations the claim is to be filed with your homeowners or rental insurance for damage to tvs and card.

What you described is normally seen with a near lightning strike that enters the equipment thru the phone cable and disbursed to equipment hardwired to RG, wireless set top boxes would not be affected but the wireless access point on ethernet would as well as dvr or hardwired set top boxes ethernet, generally equipment attached by coax on HPNA network would not be. If correct then that would have been the findings of the third party. In these situations the claim is to be filed with your homeowners or rental insurance for damage to tvs and card.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (533 Views)