Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 19, 2014
4:50:06 PM
View profile
Can't set up ATT email account for iMail Nor can I set up my ATT account

Went through iMail preferences, did all the stuff on the tutorial and I get an error message. Also, every time I try to set up my ATT account I'm told it's not recognized. What the heck this is the most complicated process I've ever been through.

Went through iMail preferences, did all the stuff on the tutorial and I get an error message. Also, every time I try to set up my ATT account I'm told it's not recognized. What the heck this is the most complicated process I've ever been through.

Can't set up ATT email account for iMail Nor can I set up my ATT account

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2014 6:21:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

See this support webpage:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568

Personally I just forward my ATT/Yahoo email to my gmail account and have no problems there.

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

See this support webpage:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568

Personally I just forward my ATT/Yahoo email to my gmail account and have no problems there.

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can't set up ATT email account for iMail Nor can I set up my ATT account

2 of 8 (206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2014 6:37:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks Chris none of that is working for me and I really need my email to come through to iMail app instead of doing some webmail thing. 

Thanks Chris none of that is working for me and I really need my email to come through to iMail app instead of doing some webmail thing. 

3 of 8 (202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2014 7:11:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jul 19, 2014 at 7:16:21 PM

I really cannot help you because mine just worked. Here are the entries I used -

E-mail address - full e-mail address

Imcoming mail server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

User name - full e-mail address

Password - Password

Outgoing mail server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com:full e-mail address

Do you have an apple mail account that works with imail? go to settings in Yahoo via the web & forward your mail to the apple mail acct.

I see you do not want to use want to use web access. Neither do I. BUt, I think you may have to log in once via the web to allow the imail to work. Crazy, but that is what some posts say,

I really cannot help you because mine just worked. Here are the entries I used -

E-mail address - full e-mail address

Imcoming mail server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

User name - full e-mail address

Password - Password

Outgoing mail server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com:full e-mail address

Do you have an apple mail account that works with imail? go to settings in Yahoo via the web & forward your mail to the apple mail acct.

I see you do not want to use want to use web access. Neither do I. BUt, I think you may have to log in once via the web to allow the imail to work. Crazy, but that is what some posts say,

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2014 7:49:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks I finally got it to work. NOW I am unable to send to multiple addresses to inform my contacts of my new email address. I can send an individual email but not to several addresses. What the heck is up with that?

Thanks I finally got it to work. NOW I am unable to send to multiple addresses to inform my contacts of my new email address. I can send an individual email but not to several addresses. What the heck is up with that?

5 of 8 (188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2014 8:11:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If this is a new account, you really should not use it for general purposes, You need to open a gmail account or an apple account or another free account. Then you will not need to change if you change ISP.

That is what Chris suggested. That is what I do.

As far as multiples I do it all the time, but I use gmail. I thought there ws a suggestion that you need to build a group. But, I do not even see that.

If this is a new account, you really should not use it for general purposes, You need to open a gmail account or an apple account or another free account. Then you will not need to change if you change ISP.

That is what Chris suggested. That is what I do.

As far as multiples I do it all the time, but I use gmail. I thought there ws a suggestion that you need to build a group. But, I do not even see that.

6 of 8 (179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2014 8:14:36 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm sorry that makes no sense. You shouldn't use your email account for email? What's the point of having an email account then? I don't want a gmail account I hate gmail. I want to use my Apple iMail app. I've been using that for 15 years and never had a problem. If AT&T email isn't supposed to be used for general purposes then it's completely pointless!

I'm sorry that makes no sense. You shouldn't use your email account for email? What's the point of having an email account then? I don't want a gmail account I hate gmail. I want to use my Apple iMail app. I've been using that for 15 years and never had a problem. If AT&T email isn't supposed to be used for general purposes then it's completely pointless!

7 of 8 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2014 5:33:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jul 20, 2014 at 5:38:21 AM

It is all about choice & there are two levels of choices, The first choice is who provides the service(account) & the second is how do we access that service. As with everything else there are advantages & disadvatages to every option. Finally, it does not hurt to have more than one e-mail account.

We can get the e-mail service from many providers identified by the e-mail address - Many variations of att.com, yahoo.com, gmail.com, me.com (Apple) & many others, Each have their own advantages & disadvantages. Pick a couple you like. If any one is not working for you there are any number of others that will.

Instead of accessing the account via a web browser, there are many programs or apps to do that - Outlook is one. I use Macmail on my macmini and ipad, you use imail (on your iphone?). One of the many advantages of these products is the ability to manage many e-mail accounts(servers). I have six accounts set up across different providers.

There is a saying - You pay your money & you make your choice. In this case, you do not have to pay, just choose the one you like & works for you.

It s not - AT&T email isn't supposed to be used for general purposes - It is just that I (& others) choose other alternatives because we like them better. If att is not working for you, pick one that does & set it up on your imail.

It is all about choice & there are two levels of choices, The first choice is who provides the service(account) & the second is how do we access that service. As with everything else there are advantages & disadvatages to every option. Finally, it does not hurt to have more than one e-mail account.

We can get the e-mail service from many providers identified by the e-mail address - Many variations of att.com, yahoo.com, gmail.com, me.com (Apple) & many others, Each have their own advantages & disadvantages. Pick a couple you like. If any one is not working for you there are any number of others that will.

Instead of accessing the account via a web browser, there are many programs or apps to do that - Outlook is one. I use Macmail on my macmini and ipad, you use imail (on your iphone?). One of the many advantages of these products is the ability to manage many e-mail accounts(servers). I have six accounts set up across different providers.

There is a saying - You pay your money & you make your choice. In this case, you do not have to pay, just choose the one you like & works for you.

It s not - AT&T email isn't supposed to be used for general purposes - It is just that I (& others) choose other alternatives because we like them better. If att is not working for you, pick one that does & set it up on your imail.

[ Edited ]
8 of 8 (147 Views)