Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 13, 2014
7:44:53 AM
View profile
Can't progrm my Bose® CineMate® Series II to AT&T Remote

Hi,

Can anyone help with this problem?  I tried everything and nothing seems to work for me.  I have to use the Bose remote for the sound and the AT&T remote to control the TV.  Is there a better remote AT&T has to offer.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can anyone help with this problem?  I tried everything and nothing seems to work for me.  I have to use the Bose remote for the sound and the AT&T remote to control the TV.  Is there a better remote AT&T has to offer.

Thanks!

Can't progrm my Bose® CineMate® Series II to AT&T Remote

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 8:04:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
realet66 - Some have reported that 4000 or 4001 codes work. If on/off works you still have to change the basic volume on the remote - att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right) will change the volume control from ALWAYS TV to follow the mode button. If you insert AUX between 955 & enter it will set AUX to ALWAYS.

In this mode, if Bose volume does not vary on the U-verse remote -
In att mode, set volume to 15.
In TV mode, set TV to comfortable level.
Using Bose remote, set Bose to comfortable level.

While watching in att mode the volume button will allow varying the volume.

Or, you could get a Logitech Harmony remote or this one - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

The U_verse point anywhere remote will work because it has learning capability, but that is a lot of work & still far below the other two in functionality. The only reason for buying it would be if you want to hide the STB or are having serious problems with the IR remote.
realet66 - Some have reported that 4000 or 4001 codes work. If on/off works you still have to change the basic volume on the remote - att/ok (simultaneously) - 955 - enter (bottom right) will change the volume control from ALWAYS TV to follow the mode button. If you insert AUX between 955 & enter it will set AUX to ALWAYS.

In this mode, if Bose volume does not vary on the U-verse remote -
In att mode, set volume to 15.
In TV mode, set TV to comfortable level.
Using Bose remote, set Bose to comfortable level.

While watching in att mode the volume button will allow varying the volume.

Or, you could get a Logitech Harmony remote or this one - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

The U_verse point anywhere remote will work because it has learning capability, but that is a lot of work & still far below the other two in functionality. The only reason for buying it would be if you want to hide the STB or are having serious problems with the IR remote.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can't progrm my Bose® CineMate® Series II to AT&T Remote

2 of 3 (868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 3:31:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

4000 nor 4001 works for me.  Are there any other codes out there?  I prefer to use the AT&T black remote if possible.  Thanks.  JAG III

4000 nor 4001 works for me.  Are there any other codes out there?  I prefer to use the AT&T black remote if possible.  Thanks.  JAG III

Re: Can't progrm my Bose® CineMate® Series II to AT&T Remote

3 of 3 (710 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments