Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 14, 2014
2:52:54 PM
View profile
Can't make or receive calls

We are unable to answer or make any calls from our wireless phone. The message we get is "Unable to call try again" ... Not sure what is going on ... Was working than about a month ago we started having these issues. Any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

Sal

We are unable to answer or make any calls from our wireless phone. The message we get is "Unable to call try again" ... Not sure what is going on ... Was working than about a month ago we started having these issues. Any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

Sal

Can't make or receive calls

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 3:00:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Apr 15, 2014 at 4:40:04 AM

jazziz23 - A wireless phone has a base station that transmits the wireless signal. Find it & disconnect it from the wall. Plug in a standard phone & see if there is dial tone. If there is the problem is with the wireless system - batteries worn out or something else. Maybe the base station is not plugged into the ac power.
If there is no dial tone at the wall - Do you have u-verse voice or POTS?
If u-verse voice, check for dial tone at the tel 1/2 jack of the RG. If dialtone - problem is house wiring. If no dial tone - att problem.
If POTS check for dial tone at NID. If dialtone - problem is house wiring. If no dial tone - att problem.

You can initiate remote test by calling from another phone or on the web or on the TV.

jazziz23 - A wireless phone has a base station that transmits the wireless signal. Find it & disconnect it from the wall. Plug in a standard phone & see if there is dial tone. If there is the problem is with the wireless system - batteries worn out or something else. Maybe the base station is not plugged into the ac power.
If there is no dial tone at the wall - Do you have u-verse voice or POTS?
If u-verse voice, check for dial tone at the tel 1/2 jack of the RG. If dialtone - problem is house wiring. If no dial tone - att problem.
If POTS check for dial tone at NID. If dialtone - problem is house wiring. If no dial tone - att problem.

You can initiate remote test by calling from another phone or on the web or on the TV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can't make or receive calls

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (922 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 7:54:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sal, did you call TS to have them check to see if there is a problem with your service?  You can use the phone number in my sig, if you don't have the phone number.  If you are getting a dial tone then the problem could be with the service.  I had an issue where I couldn't send or receive calls, and it turned out to be that my phone service hadn't been provisioned. 

Sal, did you call TS to have them check to see if there is a problem with your service?  You can use the phone number in my sig, if you don't have the phone number.  If you are getting a dial tone then the problem could be with the service.  I had an issue where I couldn't send or receive calls, and it turned out to be that my phone service hadn't been provisioned. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can't make or receive calls

3 of 3 (882 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments