Helpful Links

Can't find my address?

Contributor

Can't find my address?

I'm trying to check availability in my area for Uverse TV and internet, but when I enter in my address, I am told it can't be found.

Not that service isn't available in my area, but that my address isn't found.

Any clue why? What can I do about this?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12
Professor

Re: Can't find my address?

Could be an error in the online database, contact CS @800-288-2020 and have them check, if they can't help contact David here http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david and follow instructions under Prequal Failures.

Message 2 of 12
Employee

Can you find any address on your block or street. If you can that may help see how your address might be listed or it was just left off the list by mistake.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 12
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I contacted ATT at (877) 377.2034 and was told that the problem would be turned over to engineering and be resolved in two or three days. Three days later, my address still could not be located so I called back. I was told this time that they would send someone out and that I would receive a callback within 24 hours. It is now 48 hours later and I am getting close to giving up.

By the way, the link supplied in the string does not work either.

Message 4 of 12
ACE - Expert

Bob5319 - That link is really old. Did you try your tel number?
Here is current support link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
Go to link & send PM with your details. Watch blue envelope for PM response.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 12
Contributor

The rep could not find my address with my telephone number either. This is very strange since the marketing people seem to have no problem sending offers to my address.

Message 6 of 12
ACE - Expert

Bob5319 - The marketing side and the technical side do not use the same maps - the same granularity - the same details to do their job. The technical side must make it work. The marketing side must generate interest.

Unfortunately, there is not a clear indication in the data base of whether or not service is available for you. This is why you need to contact customer care to examine it further.

Have you seen a VRAD in the area?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 12
Contributor

Don't know what a VRAD is but I did have an ATT person come to my door a few months back trying to sell U-verse.

Message 8 of 12
ACE - Expert

Bob5319 - google vrad to see images
Message 9 of 12
Highlighted
Guru

Go to http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability

Fill out the address, when it pops up with the screen 'U-verse Service Not Available For....' click on 'Research my Address'. This will open an Address Validation case which can take as long as 7-10 days if they need to roll a truck to verify. It can take much less time if it's just a database correction.

Provide as many details as you can such as a neighbor on your block having U-verse (with address), if you received direct mail about a U-verse product, or U-verse was eligible for service before. If you feel it necessary to call instead of do this online, you have a few options. You can call 800-288-2020 and ask for either Sales (by asking for new service) or Retentions (by saying cancel when it asks). I prefer Retentions as they generally deal with complex issues and all are in the U.S. Ask them to create an account for you and create an Address Validation. It's the same as online, 7-10 days and rarely will anyone have more information until someone from that team updates the Address Validation case updates it with a response to Deny or Approve service (and which type).

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 12
Contributor

IM REALLY ANGRY THAT UVERSE CANNOT FIND MY ADDRESS & WHEN I SUBMITTED RESEARCH MY ADDRESS DUE TO OTHER ADDRESSES RANGING FROM 1 BLOCK TO 2 BLOCKS OR ON THE NEXT STREET IT IS AVAILABLE AS WELL AS SOME NEIGHBORS HAVE THE SERVICE &/OR CAN GET THE SERVICE BUT I CANT!!! THIS MAKES ME REALLY UPSET!! THERE ARE PLENTY OF PROSPECTIVE NEW CUSTOMERS WOULD LOVE TO GET THESE SERVICES BUT CANNOT! YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD WANT AS MANY CUSTOMERS THEY CAN GET! CHATTING ONLINE GETS YOU NO WHERE... CALLING GETS YOU NO WHERE... WHOMEVER DOES ALL THE RESEARCH OF THE ADDRESSES APPARENTLY ARENT DOING A TRUE SEARCH & NOT PROVIDING ANY GOOD RESPONSE OTHER THAN TO SAY ITS NOT AVAILABLE OR YOUR ADDRESS CANNOT BE FOUND. AGAIN I SAY WHY ARE SOME OF THE ADDRESSES WITIN MY NEIGHBORHOOD THE SERVICE IS AVAILABLE &/OR THEIR ADDRESSES CAN BE FOUND!!!! ABSURB!!!

MAKE UVERSE AVAILABLE FOR MORE CUSTOMERS!!! ADD UVERSE TO MY ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD NOT JUST A COUPLE OF ADDRESSES WITHIN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD!!! I WOULD LIKE TO ORDER UVERSE SERVICES & WANT MY ADDRESS ADDED TO RECEIVE UVERSE SERVICES!!!! PROPERLY FULLY RESEARCH ADDRESSES & RESOLVE THE ISSUE!!! IF SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD FOR SOME ADDRESSES MAKE IT AVAILABLE IN THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD!!! I wanted a corporate name/email address/number to voice my complaint with ATT UVERSE availablity in my neighborhood!!! Address that are 1-2 blocks away from my address Malta Ave Raleigh NC are able to receive ATT UVERSE services however I had ATT to research my address & I received a reply UVERSE isn't available for my address!!!! Why is that when E Lenoir ST & Sherrybrook Raleigh NC address can get UVERSE services which are available or have UVERSE services!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
Message 11 of 12
Employee

Uverse iPTV services come from a local VRAD that services a general area upto about 5000 feet on phone wiring. Neighborhoods are divided into sections based on where phone distribution points are, the VRAD services the homes prewired for that distribution. Homes that could have a VRAD right across the street cannot get services as the wiring is going in the opposite direction (say north and west home is on SE corner of street).

Project VIP is the next out phase (2013-2015) after Project Lightspeed (2008-2012)looking to expand services. After VIP is completed 75% of all homes in regions will have some form of Uverse (vdsl or adsl2+), the balance (25%) will see service using 4G LTE. http://broadbandtrends.com/blog1/2012/11/07/att-details-its-14-billion-project-velocity-ip-vip/

Where you fit in, I have n ideal as ATT does not release future build plans.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&redir_esc=&client=tablet-android-asus&source=android-browser-type...

The box on right is VRAD, the one on left phone distribution, when you see these together, service exists to some neighborhood in area. Will mostly be along major street or near larger intersections.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 12
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support