Can't enable TCP port 3306 for Navicat

Contributor

Can't enable TCP port 3306 for Navicat

Before I switched from Comcast, using the MySQL access application Navicat worked fine.  Afterwards, when I try to connect to the database server, Navicat immediately reports: "Host '108-221-22-60.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server".

ATT phone and Chat support has been completely useless in trying to resolve this.

I enabled TCP port 3306 on the ATT 2Wire 3801HGV router, to no effect.

This port is commonly used for database access.

Anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 2 (454 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Can't enable TCP port 3306 for Navicat

jeffmcml wrote:

Before I switched from Comcast, using the MySQL access application Navicat worked fine.  Afterwards, when I try to connect to the database server, Navicat immediately reports: "Host '108-221-22-60.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server".

ATT phone and Chat support has been completely useless in trying to resolve this.

I enabled TCP port 3306 on the ATT 2Wire 3801HGV router, to no effect.

This port is commonly used for database access.

Anyone else have this issue?

It looks like Navicat is a MySQL administration tool.  I'm guessing that you're running it in your home network and trying to administer a MySQL database somewhere else.

The error message appears to me to be an error saying that the database server doesn't recognize your new (AT&T) IP address as being someone who is allowed to meddle in your MySQL database.  Perhaps when you were originally set up (while a Comcast subscriber), you created this database and it remembered your IP address and allows access to it.  I would think you need to look at your MySQL configuration to allow your new IP address access.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (429 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.