Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 29, 2013
12:31:48 AM
Can not view scheduled/recorded show list on Android mobile app with new DVR

I had my DVR replaced (Black box with larger hard drive - Motororala VIP 22500 / 405 CPU). Ever since it was replaced I have not been able to view a list of recorded shows or scheduled shows using the U-Verse Mobile app for Android. What is strange is that I can log into the app and view the program guide. I can select a program to record. That program will show up in the scheduled list on my mobile device and by using the TV. So there is connectivity between the mobile devices and the DVR through the internet.

Here is where it gets strange. It will only display the program that I just scheduled, and not those that I have previously scheduled on the TV. It also will not show a list of previously recorded programs. 

Now if I log out of the mobile app, and log back in, none of the previously recorded programs or the scheduled programs display on the mobile app...not even the one I just scheduled using the mobile app.

1. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

2. Tech support has not been helpful. I don't think they really understand the app. Which brings me to the next question.

I was told that because I got a new DVR that I had to go to channel 9301 and pair my device with the DVR receiver. This does not make any sense as the app can be used anywhere, and does not have to be connected to the local WiFi network to access the DVR.

Should I have to pair the device with the receiver using channel 9301? 

i am hoping to get access to a friends account to verify the app on the mobile devices is working properly, but that make take a few days.

Techs say I need to call ConnectTech and pay to have the problem investigated cuz it is a problem with my mobile device. I am having the same problem on 3 devices, so I am fairly certain it is not a problem with the mobile devices. I've reinstalled the app, even set one device to factory defaults, rebooted the gateway, DVR, tried from different network locations (i.e. local WiFi, cell services).

I have not ruled out this being a problem with this particular DVR, but I am not sure if I can convince U-Verse to replace it if they do not believe it is thier problem.

Anyway, I use the mobile app frequently would like to get it working again....any suggestions.

I had my DVR replaced (Black box with larger hard drive - Motororala VIP 22500 / 405 CPU). Ever since it was replaced I have not been able to view a list of recorded shows or scheduled shows using the U-Verse Mobile app for Android. What is strange is that I can log into the app and view the program guide. I can select a program to record. That program will show up in the scheduled list on my mobile device and by using the TV. So there is connectivity between the mobile devices and the DVR through the internet.

Here is where it gets strange. It will only display the program that I just scheduled, and not those that I have previously scheduled on the TV. It also will not show a list of previously recorded programs. 

Now if I log out of the mobile app, and log back in, none of the previously recorded programs or the scheduled programs display on the mobile app...not even the one I just scheduled using the mobile app.

1. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

2. Tech support has not been helpful. I don't think they really understand the app. Which brings me to the next question.

I was told that because I got a new DVR that I had to go to channel 9301 and pair my device with the DVR receiver. This does not make any sense as the app can be used anywhere, and does not have to be connected to the local WiFi network to access the DVR.

Should I have to pair the device with the receiver using channel 9301? 

i am hoping to get access to a friends account to verify the app on the mobile devices is working properly, but that make take a few days.

Techs say I need to call ConnectTech and pay to have the problem investigated cuz it is a problem with my mobile device. I am having the same problem on 3 devices, so I am fairly certain it is not a problem with the mobile devices. I've reinstalled the app, even set one device to factory defaults, rebooted the gateway, DVR, tried from different network locations (i.e. local WiFi, cell services).

I have not ruled out this being a problem with this particular DVR, but I am not sure if I can convince U-Verse to replace it if they do not believe it is thier problem.

Anyway, I use the mobile app frequently would like to get it working again....any suggestions.

Can not view scheduled/recorded show list on Android mobile app with new DVR

7 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 3:48:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I don"t know if this will help but my Uverse App on my iPhone had an update last week and things were a bit wonky after that.  Yesterday there was another update and when I looked at what the update was for it said it was to correct bugs in the app.  You might try deleting the app and reinstalling it to get the latest version?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I don"t know if this will help but my Uverse App on my iPhone had an update last week and things were a bit wonky after that.  Yesterday there was another update and when I looked at what the update was for it said it was to correct bugs in the app.  You might try deleting the app and reinstalling it to get the latest version?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can not view scheduled/recorded show list on Android mobile app with new DVR

2 of 8 (650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 6:36:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

BeeBeeSA,

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my post. 

According to Google Play Store, I have the latest version of the UVerse app (2.8.3164) which was has a date of June 17, 2013, which was the same version I was using prior to the DVR change.

Your post prompted me to verify that at least on the Samsung  S 4G phones I am using, it has the minimum required Android version of 2.2. My phone has 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD.VUVKJ6  so I am OK there too.

BeeBeeSA,

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my post. 

According to Google Play Store, I have the latest version of the UVerse app (2.8.3164) which was has a date of June 17, 2013, which was the same version I was using prior to the DVR change.

Your post prompted me to verify that at least on the Samsung  S 4G phones I am using, it has the minimum required Android version of 2.2. My phone has 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD.VUVKJ6  so I am OK there too.

Re: Can not view scheduled/recorded show list on Android mobile app with new DVR

3 of 8 (624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 7:06:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

Make sure you restart your residential gateway, and then all your set top boxes.  Sometimes when there is a swap out, some things get out of synch and can cause problems like this.  By restarting everyhing, it should put everything back in synch.

Make sure you restart your residential gateway, and then all your set top boxes.  Sometimes when there is a swap out, some things get out of synch and can cause problems like this.  By restarting everyhing, it should put everything back in synch.

4 of 8 (618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 5:26:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

bri_man_65. thanks for your response.

I had already restarted the gateway and the DVR,but honestly did not think about how the interaction desk top boxes could affect this issue. So, today I restarted everything, but still no change in the the situation.

bri_man_65. thanks for your response.

I had already restarted the gateway and the DVR,but honestly did not think about how the interaction desk top boxes could affect this issue. So, today I restarted everything, but still no change in the the situation.

5 of 8 (573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 5:29:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

UPDATE: Today I was able to log into a relative's account/DVR with all 3 of my Android devices and successfully view the list of scheduled/records shows on that DVR, but still not able to do the same on my account/DVR.

This confirmed what I previoulsy suspected: that the problem is not with my devices.

UPDATE: Today I was able to log into a relative's account/DVR with all 3 of my Android devices and successfully view the list of scheduled/records shows on that DVR, but still not able to do the same on my account/DVR.

This confirmed what I previoulsy suspected: that the problem is not with my devices.

6 of 8 (567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 8:09:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same issue. If you figure it out please let me know. I will do the same. 

I am having the same issue. If you figure it out please let me know. I will do the same. 

7 of 8 (542 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 8:37:02 AM
(0)
Community Support

We can try to help! Please send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, details of the issue, contact information and the best time you can be reached. 

We're sorry you're having problems but our great team of managers will do their best to help. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

We can try to help! Please send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, details of the issue, contact information and the best time you can be reached. 

We're sorry you're having problems but our great team of managers will do their best to help. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 8 (447 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments