Can U-Verse TV and U-Verse Internet installed separately under one uVerse account?

Highlighted
Teacher

Can U-Verse TV and U-Verse Internet installed separately under one uVerse account?

I have U-Verse internet and will install U-Verse TV. Can I install U-verse TV and U-Verse internet seperately in different rooms far away from each other?

I live in a duplex but we share one house address and tenants want tv and we want internet. Will doing this prevent TV from slowing down the internet or am I still sharing bandwidth even if installed seperately meaning cables,wires or whatever from TV are not plugged in my 2wire gateway/router.

thank you

Message 1 of 3 (198 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Can U-Verse TV and U-Verse Internet installed separately under one uVerse account?

Ok11223 - bandwidth is shared without conflict up to 12mb. !* & 24 mb can steal from the TV. With 12 & below, there would be no functional difference between a shared system and two separate systems, The shared system would be less expensive because i requires only one RG and a bundling discount.

With a combined system, both TV and internet are available on all wired connections.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)
Employee

Re: Can U-Verse TV and U-Verse Internet installed separately under one uVerse account?

Without a different router, requiring a different address, the internet gateway will be connected to the tv receivers, common bandwjidth shared, tvs have priority. Internet gets what is left, if doing this recommend choosing low internet speed Pro (3/1) or Elite (6/1), else expect problems with someones wants not being met.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.