Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 7, 2013
3:27:51 PM
Can I use a Netgear WN3000RP range extender and Wireless TV

I have a Netgear WN3000RP range extender. Is it possible to connect the Uverse wireless tv boxes to the extender? thanks!

I have a Netgear WN3000RP range extender. Is it possible to connect the Uverse wireless tv boxes to the extender? thanks!

Can I use a Netgear WN3000RP range extender and Wireless TV

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 3:39:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
jackasspenguin - I have one of those for my wi-fi & it is doing the job. Some say the wireless to wireless looses half the bandwidth & only a wired extender should be used.

But, the wireless receivers are not the same. There is no extender for that. You need a longer cat6 cable to place the WAP in a sweet spot for your receivers.
jackasspenguin - I have one of those for my wi-fi & it is doing the job. Some say the wireless to wireless looses half the bandwidth & only a wired extender should be used.

But, the wireless receivers are not the same. There is no extender for that. You need a longer cat6 cable to place the WAP in a sweet spot for your receivers.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can I use a Netgear WN3000RP range extender and Wireless TV

2 of 3 (712 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 2:21:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

That's what I was affraid of. I got my laptop on the the extender just fine. Although, my room mate and my iPhones wouldn't get on the extender for some reason. 

That's what I was affraid of. I got my laptop on the the extender just fine. Although, my room mate and my iPhones wouldn't get on the extender for some reason. 

Re: Can I use a Netgear WN3000RP range extender and Wireless TV

3 of 3 (688 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments