Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 5, 2014
10:02:46 PM
View profile
Can I unbundle my telephone from my uverse package?

I have the triple package w/a battery backup. I used to have the landline separate but added it to the uverse package. Bad move by me. Even with battery backup (replaced 2 times, still does not work) when the power goes out there is no phone service. I never had the problem when the phone was separate. I want to get back to having my phone as a separate landline account & my telephone number separate from uverse. Can I get this done& how to do so?

I have the triple package w/a battery backup. I used to have the landline separate but added it to the uverse package. Bad move by me. Even with battery backup (replaced 2 times, still does not work) when the power goes out there is no phone service. I never had the problem when the phone was separate. I want to get back to having my phone as a separate landline account & my telephone number separate from uverse. Can I get this done& how to do so?

Can I unbundle my telephone from my uverse package?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2014 5:40:40 PM
(0)
Teacher

So basically what you have right now is CVOIP. It's basically the same as the plain old telephone system, only the signal is digital, in tied with your internet service. So if the Residential Gateway's power is cut off (like in outages), you would lose both internet and phone service, and that's the reason why the battery backup unit is bundled with it. Im sorry to hear though that it's not working. Depending on your U-verse setup, you might need to get in touch with Belkin (which is the manufacturer of the battery) to get the issue resolved (in other words, get the battery backup replaced). I believe it's still in warranty. If you call AT&T about it, they'll just give you the number to Belkin anyways so better call balkin straight. If you'd rather go back to the plain old telephone system (regular landline), I suggest you call teh retention department and have them cancel your uverse cvoip. tell them the reason and they should be able to assist you in reconnecting your regular phone service. The number to call is 800 288 2020. there isnt any direct number.

So basically what you have right now is CVOIP. It's basically the same as the plain old telephone system, only the signal is digital, in tied with your internet service. So if the Residential Gateway's power is cut off (like in outages), you would lose both internet and phone service, and that's the reason why the battery backup unit is bundled with it. Im sorry to hear though that it's not working. Depending on your U-verse setup, you might need to get in touch with Belkin (which is the manufacturer of the battery) to get the issue resolved (in other words, get the battery backup replaced). I believe it's still in warranty. If you call AT&T about it, they'll just give you the number to Belkin anyways so better call balkin straight. If you'd rather go back to the plain old telephone system (regular landline), I suggest you call teh retention department and have them cancel your uverse cvoip. tell them the reason and they should be able to assist you in reconnecting your regular phone service. The number to call is 800 288 2020. there isnt any direct number.

Re: Can I unbundle my telephone from my uverse package?

2 of 4 (345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2014 7:28:20 PM
(0)
Employee
Please beware that in returning to POTS service is considered breaking your bundle, your monthly rates may go up (lose discounts) and will receive two separate bills, will likely have different due dates.
Please beware that in returning to POTS service is considered breaking your bundle, your monthly rates may go up (lose discounts) and will receive two separate bills, will likely have different due dates.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (333 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 12:18:20 PM
(0)
Employee

@my_thoughts, although this was true in uverse infancy this is no longer true. POTS  will still bundle and stay on one bill.

@my_thoughts, although this was true in uverse infancy this is no longer true. POTS  will still bundle and stay on one bill.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (310 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments