Can I get my profile changed from 3 HD streams to 4 HD streams?

Highlighted
Voyager

Can I get my profile changed from 3 HD streams to 4 HD streams?

Is there a way I can find out if I can get my profile changed to 4 HD streams? Currently I get 3 HD streams and 1 SD stream. I understand that this may be due to my distance from the VRAD. But I would like to find out for certain.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (1,690 Views)
Employee

Re: Can I get my profile changed from 3 HD streams to 4 HD streams?

[ Edited ]

The best way is to call 1-800-288-2020, ask tier support to verify distance and profile.
Requirements need to be under 2200 feet with good noise margin, to be eligible for32M profile.
If told your on a 25M profile and meet conditions, may ask for a profile change.

If do not meet requirements then the 25M profile only supports 3 HD streams, 1 SD.

Another quick way is what is gateway, 3800 should qualify, 3801 may qualify, inid with i38hg will probably not qualify.

Could also download uvrealtime, look at estimated loop lengtb, if over 2200 not eligible.

Hope this helps, but to change is call or chat support, best to you.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9 (1,681 Views)
Teacher

Did this only affect love streams of recording also? I can record 3hd and 1sd,but would love to record 4hd

This is my system
0sd/4hd (wan) ;1sd/3hd(ingress)
Bandwidth cap 31947200(wan);26960400(Ingress )
Egress profile:20000000v0sd/

Do I already have the 32m profile?
Message 3 of 9 (1,600 Views)
Voyager

I installed uvrealtime and it estimates that I am 3700 ft. from the VRAD. So I clearly am beyond 2200 ft. and am not eligible. Thank you for the info.
Message 4 of 9 (1,574 Views)
ACE - Expert

nesto75068 wrote:
Did this only affect love streams of recording also? I can record 3hd and 1sd,but would love to record 4hd

This is my system
0sd/4hd (wan) ;1sd/3hd(ingress)
Bandwidth cap 31947200(wan);26960400(Ingress )
Egress profile:20000000v0sd/

Do I already have the 32m profile?

You already are getting 4HD (WAN), only 3 HD (Ingress) can be recorded, the 4th HD can be watched on any STB except the DVR. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 9 (1,510 Views)
Expert

mibrnsurg wrote:

You already are getting 4HD (WAN), only 3 HD (Ingress) can be recorded, the 4th HD can be watched on any STB except the DVR. Smiley Wink

See the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Ingress-Profile-0-SD-4-HD/m-p/3567733

Message 6 of 9 (1,502 Views)
ACE - Expert

texasguy37 wrote:

mibrnsurg wrote:

See the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Ingress-Profile-0-SD-4-HD/m-p/3567733

Maybe if you live in Texas, but not here in metro Detroit. Smiley Mad

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 9 (1,488 Views)
Expert

mibrnsurg wrote:

Maybe if you live in Texas, but not here in metro Detroit. Smiley Mad

No, not Texas.  Dallas.  The privileged special people. Smiley Wink

Houston is in the same boat as you, and in fact you'll probably get it before we do, since we're always last.  The unprivileged regular people.  Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 9 (1,466 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

I've seen a few other people post that they have the 0 SD/4 HD Ingress profile, but they are all in the Dallas area.  Maybe we are the test market.

Message 9 of 9 (1,456 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.