Can I cancel Uverse Internet and keep TV service?

Voyager

Can I cancel Uverse Internet and keep TV service?

Can I switch internet to TWC and still keep Uverse TV service?

Message 1 of 4 (1,136 Views)
Employee

Re: Can I cancel Uverse Internet and keep TV service?

Yes, remember this is breaking your bundle pricing so your TV service rate will go up, meaning your bill will not likely go down much if at all.

Example...current promotion of u300 with Max plus (18/1.5) internet is $89 without HD, just 1 TV.
The normal price is u300 $89 with $40 bundled discount net $49
The normal price of Max plus is $56 - $16 bundled disc net. $40
Total price $89, this is the same price you will pay without internet.
Will you save some money, yes by eliminate the $7 HSIA fee. And associated tax.
Conclusion cancel internet reduce bill by about $7.50 per month.

From TOS http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp
. If you purchased the Services as part of a bundled offering with one or more other products and are receiving a discount based upon that bundled offering, your discount may cease and you may be billed the standard monthly rate for the Services if you change or disconnect one or more of the services in the applicable bundle. AT&T may,
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (1,129 Views)
Employee

Yes you can, but just like my thoughts said, if you're in a bundle contract, this will break the bundle promo and the price of tv will go to full price for whatever tv package you have. If you are not on a bundle promo, then canceling internet service will not have any effect on your pricing except to eliminate whatever you are paying for it plus the $6 fee for the RG.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (1,091 Views)
ACE - Expert

Also note that some of the U-verse TV app features require the AT&T HSI connection.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (1,069 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.