Helpful Links

Can I buffer two shows at once?

Contributor

Can I buffer two shows at once?

Hi. I just got my U-verse service today.  I formerly had DirecTV.  One thing that DirecTV did that I liked a lot was that the reveiver could buffer two channels simultanously and swap back and forth between the two channels without resetting the recording buffer.  For example, I could be watching a football game and commercials come on.  So I hit the down arrow to take me to the other channel. I could then rewind pause fast forward on that channel for up to 30 minutes.  Then I could switch back to the game and it would still have the channel in the buffer as if I'd never changed the channel.  Does this make any sense?

Anyway, I'm wondering if U-verse can do the same thing?  It doesn't look like it from what I've seen so far, but I've only been using it for about an hour.  I know it has "Multiview" and this might be a clunky way to do the same thing.  But is there a way to just watch two channels simultanesously, swapping back and forth between them at will without blowing away the buffer each time the channel is changed?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Can I buffer two shows at once?

You will have to record both shows to buffer between the two.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Can I buffer two shows at once?

charleslaine - Skeeter speaks the truth. The speed bump is that there is no one button toggle between the two. You have to navigate through the recorded menu.

The recorded list is available on chan 9999. If at&t allowed another window on channel 9998, it would b possible to toggle between the two with the LAST button.

Another option is to leave one channel live and record the second one. The recorded one will stop while you are watching the live one, but the live one will continue when not watching. To make this work, you need a second TV & STB to see when the ad is over on the live channel. But, you will have one button toggle.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support