Can I add a wireless cell phone or tablet to my account without running another credit check?

Contributor

Can I add a wireless cell phone or tablet to my account without running another credit check?

When ATT was running the promotion for free tablet, i tried to add it to my account. But it tried to open up a new account for me with a new credit check and was denied. I am a uverse customer and was required to pay a deposit of $195 upfront. I have Uverse Voice and Internet. But I would rather be able to go mobile with my services, and have a cell phone with me instead of just a home phone.

Message 1 of 3 (1,438 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Can I add a wireless cell phone or tablet to my account without running another credit check?

I would suspect that if you try to get anything on the wireless side you will have to pass another credit check, but depending on how long you have had U-verse service, if your in good standing, and have always been on time with payments, they might take that into consideration.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (1,438 Views)
Community Support

Re: Can I add a wireless cell phone or tablet to my account without running another credit check?

Hi netgirl,

When it comes to signing up for our mobile service, or any of our major services, a credit check is initiated. With that, there is no way to bypass it, but as beebeesa stated, maintaining a good balance and account with us does play a factor. It is all done by an automated system that factors all that information into your credit risk.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (1,438 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.