Can 2wire gateway/modem be installed anywhere in the house?

Highlighted
Teacher

Can 2wire gateway/modem be installed anywhere in the house?

Hi!

I am going to be moving in a new address soon but the house is actually a home with an extension. The problem is that I'm sharing the home with another family. The landlord bought the home and then he built another home behind it. 

The question is when we move our AT&T U-Verse internet, can the 2wire gateway router/modem be put anywhere in the room as long there is a phone jack  // phone line right?

someone please explain to me as I don't understand how this all works out. 

Message 1 of 2 (363 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Can 2wire gateway/modem be installed anywhere in the house?

The only problem you might run into is if the main house already has U-verse and the addresses are the same for both residences.  U-verse will only install at one address.

If the main house does not have U-verse or the addresses are different then you should be okay.

With that said, as long as there is a connection to YOUR residence from AT&T, then they can put the router at any location within that residence.  If cabling is needed the tech can do that as well. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (323 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.