Caller id not showing date & time of incoming calls

Teacher

Caller id not showing date & time of incoming calls

On an incoming call the the caller ID shows the party calling and their phone number, but does not display the date and time of the call. It used to, but it stopped doing it after the last outage we had. The date & time is set on my phone, it just does not show up on the caller id, there are just dashes like this: --:-- & --/-- for the date & time for incoming calls. I have a Motorola NVG510 if that helps at all. It doesn't make sense why it worked for about 8 months & then just stopped a few days ago.

Message 1 of 18 (2,689 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Caller id not showing date & time of incoming calls

AT&T may have temporarily disabled the date and time in the Caller ID message due to complaints about it being wrong and incorrectly setting the phones that read it to keep their clocks in sync.

Or, it could have been sunspots.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 18 (2,445 Views)
Contributor

What you need to do is:-

1) Power OFF the Phones.
2) Factory Reset your Router. (To perform a Factory Reset, please "Press" and "Hold" the RESET button at the back of your Main Router for 25 seconds. The Router will start automatically.)
3) Turn the Phones ON.

This should fix the DST problems.
Message 17 of 18 (2,059 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise I've been catching [word filter avoidance] ever since the day I switched to Uverse. The area I live in wasn't equipped for it in the beginning and I was fine with Dsl but now they claim that it was mandatory because they were doing away with everything except Uverse all together. Well what a crock of bull!!! My home phone is never working, the bill is always elevated, the voice mail is different, tje calling features of my complete choice package is incomplete now and any and everyone can call my home because my private number was deactivated with Uverse, my iPad is slow to load, my cell won't get service without the wifi,Omgeee you guys. This service has completed changed my outlook on at&t providers. I really wish they would bring the old bellsouth back because automated services and Uverse stinks. Signed, distraught, dissatisfied, longtime customer !!!!

Message 18 of 18 (927 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.