Caller ID problems and "all circuits are busy" message when calling home phone

Contributor

Caller ID problems and "all circuits are busy" message when calling home phone

We consistantly get "no data" for caller ID on our phones, sometimes it works, but most of the time it does not. Caller ID is enabled. Tech support states they know about this issue, and are working on a patch to fix it. However, it is getting very annoying.

Also, when calling my home from my cell, I occasionally receive an "all circuits are busy" message. My home number was the only one that did that (I tried a few different numbers) I have not called about this yet. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Message 1 of 11 (16,226 Views)
Contributor

Re: Caller ID problems and "all circuits are busy" message when calling home phone

What type of phone do you have? Is it wireless or wired? Have you tried it with a wired phone with caller ID do you still get a No data being displayed?
Message 2 of 11 (16,211 Views)
Contributor

Re: Caller ID problems and "all circuits are busy" message when calling home phone

I have exactly the same problem.  Sometimes I have to call 10+ times to get through and the caller id won't work for call waiting.  Everything worked when we had WOW, vonage, and callvantage.  If they are telling you to get another phone it just shows that they don't know what is wrong....
Message 3 of 11 (16,211 Views)
Former Moderator

Attention AT&T customers

Removed Spam
Optimus Prime
Message 4 of 11 (16,211 Views)
Contributor

When my Daughter cells from cell phone gets these replies

All lines busy

no lines avalable

disconnected

Message 5 of 11 (16,211 Views)
Contributor

I have also received all three of those messages when calling home from my cell. What is being done about it?
Message 6 of 11 (16,211 Views)
Tutor

I noticed same thing.  When I call my home number from cell phone, I get "All circuits are busy now, please try again later" message about 25% of the time.   Usually after 4 or 5 redials, it connects.  I've tried calling other numbers while this was occuring and didn't get same message, so it wasn't cell phone circuits that were busy.  Has anybody got any hints about what causes this?  My impression is complaining to AT&T won't work since Murphy's law says I won't be able to preproduce it when a dispatched technician is on site.
Message 7 of 11 (16,211 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Since I have had u verse phone installed, when people call they get intermittent errors saying “all circuits are busy error 17-1” with both land lines and cell phones.

I have called support a lot, starting with last night..They have rebooted my profile 2 times, I have rebooted my gateway 2 times, and then tonight they said they would have to have a tech come out.  But now they said one will not be available till tomorrow afternoon.  When we requested to speak to a supervisor (from my cell phone) I was on hold for 20 Min and they could not locate one!! Where did the days of responsibility go.  We finally had to say ok because my minutes on my phone were running out.

It is real frustrating because I am job hunting and can not afford to miss calls

Could anyone suggest a more reliable phone service!!

Message 8 of 11 (16,211 Views)
Expert

I had a problem similar to that the tech I talked to checked and saw that my account hadn't been provisioned.  I don't know what that had to do with me being able to receive calls, but after a few minutes my phone service was working with no issues since.
Message 9 of 11 (16,211 Views)
Contributor

Have been having problems with people calling AT&T cell phones from land lines here in Sitka. It was like this for 3 or 4 days last week. We're not talking about occassionaly getting the "all circuits" message, we're talking about every single time you try to call it from a land line.

This means you cannot forward your land line, which is what I do with my business phone. I forward it from my office to cell so customers can reach me anytime.

Does anyone know what's going on because I'm about to switch. My contract is coming to its end and I'm seriously considering switching.

Message 10 of 11 (16,211 Views)
Contributor

Re: "all circuits are busy" message when calling home phone

I have had this exact problem for several weeks now when I try to call my daughter's line - only her line. I have T-Mobile and use an iPhone 4S; my daughter's phone is a Samsung Gravity 2. The error code at the end of the message says "wa99155". I'm combing the internet now to see if anyone else has gotten this problem sorted out (which is how I got to this forum...). Will re-post if I do. 

Message 11 of 11 (12,520 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.