Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 1, 2014
1:40:43 PM
View profile
Caller ID info displays wrong time - 2 hours behind

Had uVerse voice installed yesterday. My phone sets the time based on caller ID info but it's showing two hours behind our local time like it's another time zone. Unplugged the the phone set and it rebooted. Called our number and it set the time but two hours behind.

One other question on caller ID info. The caller's name shows up correctly but the calling number shows up as just a string of digits, for example 18165551212. Is this normal or should it show up as 816 555-1212 or something similar like it did with POTS. No changes were made to the phone set. 

Had uVerse voice installed yesterday. My phone sets the time based on caller ID info but it's showing two hours behind our local time like it's another time zone. Unplugged the the phone set and it rebooted. Called our number and it set the time but two hours behind.

One other question on caller ID info. The caller's name shows up correctly but the calling number shows up as just a string of digits, for example 18165551212. Is this normal or should it show up as 816 555-1212 or something similar like it did with POTS. No changes were made to the phone set. 

Caller ID info displays wrong time - 2 hours behind

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 6:44:17 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jan 1, 2014 at 7:59:04 PM

Mine was 3 hours behind. Long story short. I called for tech support and got someone in Texas. They in turn sent a "smart chat" to someone at the "network Hub". It got fixed during this call.

[removed unpublished/unconfirmed phone number]

Hope this helps.

Mine was 3 hours behind. Long story short. I called for tech support and got someone in Texas. They in turn sent a "smart chat" to someone at the "network Hub". It got fixed during this call.

[removed unpublished/unconfirmed phone number]

Hope this helps.

Re: Caller ID info displays wrong time - 2 hours behind

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (908 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 2:25:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks. I'll give tech support a call. Glad to hear it's not something I missed.
Thanks. I'll give tech support a call. Glad to hear it's not something I missed.

3 of 4 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 11:46:10 AM
(0)
Tutor
I got on chat with tech support and then I managed to cut them off. Got busy and about a week later looked at the phone and it was working. Not sure if it was the result of the attempted chat or if it took some time to get my account set up correctly.

Still don't like the way it presents the caller ID though.
I got on chat with tech support and then I managed to cut them off. Got busy and about a week later looked at the phone and it was working. Not sure if it was the result of the attempted chat or if it took some time to get my account set up correctly.

Still don't like the way it presents the caller ID though.

4 of 4 (818 Views)