Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 19, 2014
6:31:04 AM
View profile
CW in the Columbia SC area

At the beggining of this week (3-17) in the middle of the tv show Arrow the CW network changed to ION programing.  Does anyone know why?  Does anyone know if the CW will be coming back to this area?

At the beggining of this week (3-17) in the middle of the tv show Arrow the CW network changed to ION programing.  Does anyone know why?  Does anyone know if the CW will be coming back to this area?

CW in the Columbia SC area

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 8:53:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well, I figured out on my own what happened to the CW in my area.  It switched to a new channel.  I went to tech help and asked them what was going on with CW and ION switching channels; spent an hour trying to make this guy understand what the problem was and he still did not get what was wrong or tell me simply the the channel I was looking for had switched to another channel!

This is his product!  He has access (one would hope) to AT&T and could have found an answer to my question.  AN HOUR.  IT SWITCH CHANNELS MA'AM AND THAT CHANNEL IS...

Well, I figured out on my own what happened to the CW in my area.  It switched to a new channel.  I went to tech help and asked them what was going on with CW and ION switching channels; spent an hour trying to make this guy understand what the problem was and he still did not get what was wrong or tell me simply the the channel I was looking for had switched to another channel!

This is his product!  He has access (one would hope) to AT&T and could have found an answer to my question.  AN HOUR.  IT SWITCH CHANNELS MA'AM AND THAT CHANNEL IS...

Re: CW in the Columbia SC area

2 of 7 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 5:06:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

mlskp wrote:

Your assumption makes no sense.

Here's the thing....you call a call center in WhoKnowsWhere.  Do they know THEIR product?  Hopefully but there's no way for them to know what's going on with every station in every market across the U.S.

How many markets do you think Uverse serves?  Lots.  And how many stations are in each of those markets?  Lots.  And you think that Delilah the CS agent in Clearwater FL knows what's going on in Columbia SC? 

If you have an issue with a STATION in YOUR market then you probably need to call that station.

mlskp wrote:

Your assumption makes no sense.

Here's the thing....you call a call center in WhoKnowsWhere.  Do they know THEIR product?  Hopefully but there's no way for them to know what's going on with every station in every market across the U.S.

How many markets do you think Uverse serves?  Lots.  And how many stations are in each of those markets?  Lots.  And you think that Delilah the CS agent in Clearwater FL knows what's going on in Columbia SC? 

If you have an issue with a STATION in YOUR market then you probably need to call that station.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 7:25:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The local station changed content and a random AT&T call center CSR is supposed to know this?  Get real.  Suggest you read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WZRB

The local station changed content and a random AT&T call center CSR is supposed to know this?  Get real.  Suggest you read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WZRB

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 11:46:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If you look at the CW's website, even they still list WZRB as the CW carrier in Columbia!

If you look at the CW's website, even they still list WZRB as the CW carrier in Columbia!

5 of 7 (410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 3:25:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

At least they did not ask miskp to reboot their DVR.  Seriously. Smiley Very Happy

At least they did not ask miskp to reboot their DVR.  Seriously. Smiley Very Happy

6 of 7 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 9:48:02 PM
(0)
Mentor

"At least they did not ask miskp to reboot their DVR.  Seriously."

...and you know that for sure...  I'm not sure I would bet on that.

"At least they did not ask miskp to reboot their DVR.  Seriously."

...and you know that for sure...  I'm not sure I would bet on that.

7 of 7 (303 Views)