COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

Teacher

COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

I HAVE A QUESTION, I ASKED THIS BEFORE LAST YEAR AND NOTHING WAS SAID, SO I WAITED,,, ON OCTOBER 1ST 2012 WHICH IS ON MONDAY,, COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON WILL START.. MOVING THE ROCKETS AND ASTROS TO THE NETWORK..... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL GET THAT CHANNEL AND WEHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE ON

THANK YOU

Message 19 of 143 (47,015 Views)

Re: When will AT&T start carrying COMCAST SPORTS NET?

mfrenzel wrote:

Would the AT&T represetnative who reviews this forum answer a question? Why in TEXAS of all places you not have the Comcast-Houston Network yet carry Comast-New England, Comcast-Chicago, Comcast-California and Comcast-Bay Area? C-mon Man!

Because like the other providers that don't have it, they aren't willing to pay the $3.00 per subscriber fee for this channel.  Blame the owner of the Rockets and the Lastros for losing what few fans they have.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 136 of 143 (1,666 Views)
Contributor

Soooo how much did they pay for Comast-New England, Comcast-Chicago, Comcast-California and Comcast-Bay Area? C-mon Man!
Message 137 of 143 (1,651 Views)

[ Edited ]

mfrenzel wrote:

Soooo how much did they pay for Comast-New England, Comcast-Chicago, Comcast-California and Comcast-Bay Area? C-mon Man!

You think I'm kidding. No other provider besides Comcast has this channel. Dish, Direct, TWC, Verizon. None of the major providers have agreed to the stupid cost of this channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 138 of 143 (1,623 Views)

Re: COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

Comcast is unethically trying to get Houston sports fans to choose them. I think it is borderline what they are doing. At the very least it's very unethical business practice.
Message 139 of 143 (1,588 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

It's the same technique that other sports networks in other cities have used (and been successful with). However, the difference is that Comcast Sports Network Houston is not carrying the Yankees, the Patriots, the Red Sox, or the Cubs -- they're carrying the Astros. Not quite the same leverage. The funny part is that any 8-year old could have told you that, but apparently it's beyond the comprehension of the Comcast and Astros executives.

Message 140 of 143 (1,561 Views)

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

It's the same technique that other sports networks in other cities have used (and been successful with). However, the difference is that Comcast Sports Network Houston is not carrying the Yankees, the Patriots, the Red Sox, or the Cubs -- they're carrying the Astros. Not quite the same leverage. The funny part is that any 8-year old could have told you that, but apparently it's beyond the comprehension of the Comcast and Astros executives.

Yep, the owner of the lastros doesn't understand that he is one of the biggest reasons for their teams poor home attendance and terrible tv ratings.  When you are only on on small area of  your MLB broadcast area.....

There are a few bright spots on that team, but unlike the "Billy Ball" of the A's, the owner of the Stro's is just plain cheap and management doesn't quite understand the concept of ROI.

The Cubs, for all their woes and terrible seasons are still one of the top draws in baseball, Houston, not so much.

Message 141 of 143 (1,538 Views)
ACE - Professor

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

If this was 10 years ago they may have had that kind of power.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 142 of 143 (1,522 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Interesting article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2013/08/29/erroneous-story-claiming-houston-astros-most-profi...

This is more about the Astros as a business, analyzing their revenue and expenditures, but it contains a decent amount of analysis of Comcast SportsNet Houston.

For some background, there was a Forbes article 3 days ago that claimed that with the CSN Houston deal, the Astros were the most profitable baseball team in history.  This article completely refutes that ridiculous claim.

Message 143 of 143 (1,418 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.