COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

Teacher

COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

I HAVE A QUESTION, I ASKED THIS BEFORE LAST YEAR AND NOTHING WAS SAID, SO I WAITED,,, ON OCTOBER 1ST 2012 WHICH IS ON MONDAY,, COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON WILL START.. MOVING THE ROCKETS AND ASTROS TO THE NETWORK..... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL GET THAT CHANNEL AND WEHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE ON

THANK YOU

Message 19 of 143 (46,971 Views)
Expert

Re: COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

Bug_1 wrote:
 [Keep it Legal] In the mean time I have lowered the level of my U-verse package from the top tier to U200 which is costing them money (and to tell the truth I don't miss most of the channels anyway. When I called ATT to complain about not having the Rockets games they basically just said "Sorry". But didn't offer anything in the way of information about what they are doing to change that or offering anything to me as a customer for the inconvenince. Everyone involved just expects us all to sit back until they figure out what they want to do and we are the ones losing out. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth about everyone involved in the decision to start up Comcast Sportsnet Houston and those who are making the transition either not happen ever or take a long time and that includes ATT.

Well, you need to be upset with every major TV provider, other than Comcast, since none of them have added Comcast SportsNet Houston.  There must be a reason for that.

Message 91 of 143 (4,917 Views)
Teacher

texasguy37 wrote:

Well, you need to be upset with every major TV provider, other than Comcast, since none of them have added Comcast SportsNet Houston.  There must be a reason for that.

I can only guess why they havn't picked it up. Some carriers have, mostly smaller ones like Entouch and Consolidated communications. I just think there are certain basics that a serious carrier should make sure they have and local sports teams are one of those.

Message 92 of 143 (4,851 Views)
Expert

Bug_1 wrote:
I can only guess why they havn't picked it up. Some carriers have, mostly smaller ones like Entouch and Consolidated communications. I just think there are certain basics that a serious carrier should make sure they have and local sports teams are one of those.

Those small carriers are the only ones who have picked up the new channel.  Other than Comcast, none of the major carriers (i.e. DirecTV, Dish, U-verse, etc.) have picked up the new channels,  There has to be a reason that carriage agreements have not been reached with any of the major carriers,  It's far from just U-verse.

Message 93 of 143 (4,838 Views)
Teacher

texasguy37 wrote:

Those small carriers are the only ones who have picked up the new channel.  Other than Comcast, none of the major carriers (i.e. DirecTV, Dish, U-verse, etc.) have picked up the new channels,  There has to be a reason that carriage agreements have not been reached with any of the major carriers,  It's far from just U-verse.

Like I said. I can only guess and no one is coming out definitively and saying why they have not picked it up and what it would take for them to do so. I could understand if it was some channel that is a special interest like The History channel or something but not carrying local sports coverage has crossed a line.  I am sure that Comcast  and the other owners of the channel are trying to get more than what the carriers want to pay but this is like saying U-verse is not going to have KHOU because it is too high and yet they are going to still carry the game show channel. They need to be at the table and aggresively work something out. This is as bad as a lockout.

Message 94 of 143 (4,803 Views)
Teacher

CSN HOUSTON ON ATT UVERSE

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE LATEST ON ATT UVERSE GETTING CSN HOUSTON.... THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND, NOT BEING ABLE TO WATCH THE ROCKETS ON MY OWN TV........... I SEE COMMERCIALS BEING SHOWN THAT PEOPLE ARE DEMANDING THERE TV PROVIDER TO GET CSN.....ESPECIALLY ATT..........

I WILL BE VERY DISSAPPOINTED IF ATT DOES NOT GET  CSN AND I ALSO MISS THE ASTROS.........

COME ON ATT UVSER,,, I DEMAND THE CHANNEL

THATS WHAT THE COMMERICAL SAYS TO DO

Message 95 of 143 (4,326 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: CSN HOUSTON ON ATT UVERSE

Maybe you should post on the Rocket's web site to break their contract with Comcast and go back to their previous channels that I'm pretty sure AT&T (and others) carry.

Or, maybe post on Comcast's website about asking a fair price for the channel so AT&T will pick it up.

Or, maybe watch college basketball instead of that farse called NBA.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 96 of 143 (4,287 Views)

Re: CSN HOUSTON ON ATT UVERSE

What's bad though is for the 100's of Astro's fans that won't be able to watch them if a deal is not struck soon.  Contact the Asto's as well.  Do they have the same owner?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 97 of 143 (4,208 Views)
Contributor

Be careful falling for concast's deception over all of this. As it's already been mentioned there is a reason why none of the other major providers have picked up csn. It's because they are asking for too much. And you can bet if a deal is made at the price that csn wants that cost will be passed down to the customer. Do you want your package price to go up by $5 to $10 every month? Well that is what will probably happen. If anything blame the astros new owner. Apparently a deal was made last month and he blocked it because he wanted more money.
Message 98 of 143 (4,114 Views)
Contributor

Comcast Sportsnet Houston

I know that AT&T is working on a lot of different issues, but something really needs to be address about the Comcast Sportsnet availability for the Houston market.  With 3 of its professional sports teams on Comcast SportsNet - 1 of them in mid-season, and the other two starting their seasons very soon - it seems ludicrous as to why AT&T cannot add this channel.  In contrast, you added the Los Lakers Time Warner Channel almost immediately.  If it is that Comcast SportsNet Houston is asking too much for its per subscriber fee, consider this: move the Fox Sports Houston or Fox Sports Southwest Channel that is currently the Regional Sports Network for the Houston market to the Sports Package Subscription.  Then insert the Comcast Sportsnet Houston channel in its place.  Since neither Fox Sports Houston nor FoxSports Southwest currently carry any of the Houston area professional teams, it does not make any sense to continue to carry them as the Regional Sports Network for the Houston market.  Just a thought. 

Message 99 of 143 (3,972 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Comcast Sportsnet Houston

JP77063 wrote:

I know that AT&T is working on a lot of different issues, but something really needs to be address about the Comcast Sportsnet availability for the Houston market.  With 3 of its professional sports teams on Comcast SportsNet - 1 of them in mid-season, and the other two starting their seasons very soon - it seems ludicrous as to why AT&T cannot add this channel.  In contrast, you added the Los Lakers Time Warner Channel almost immediately.  If it is that Comcast SportsNet Houston is asking too much for its per subscriber fee, consider this: move the Fox Sports Houston or Fox Sports Southwest Channel that is currently the Regional Sports Network for the Houston market to the Sports Package Subscription.  Then insert the Comcast Sportsnet Houston channel in its place.  Since neither Fox Sports Houston nor FoxSports Southwest currently carry any of the Houston area professional teams, it does not make any sense to continue to carry them as the Regional Sports Network for the Houston market.  Just a thought. 

What is ludicrous to me is that sheeple fans keep taking the teams' line. In nearly every case, the TEAM jumped off common channels that were carried by most TV providers to specially channels so that they could get more money.  Then they turn their fans loose on the providers to sign up and pay them the more money.  This crap needs to stop.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 100 of 143 (3,922 Views)

JefferMC wrote:

JP77063 wrote:

What is ludicrous to me is that sheeple fans keep taking the teams' line. In nearly every case, the TEAM jumped off common channels that were carried by most TV providers to specially channels so that they could get more money.  Then they turn their fans loose on the providers to sign up and pay them the more money.  This crap needs to stop.

I agree. I'm glad my Rangers signed a long term deal with Fox Sports.  I'd be upset if they changed to a different new channel and my provider didn't carry it.

problem is no one but a few smaller provders and of course comcast are carrying this channel

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 101 of 143 (3,942 Views)
Expert

JefferMC wrote:

That is the typical ploy of the content providers: 

1) Ask for more money from the TV providers

2) If the TV providers resists, use the customers of the TV providers as pawns to put pressure on the TV providers by threatening to cancel their service in order to get the the higher fees that they are seeking

We all know that the higher fees will translate into more money out of our pockets.  It still surprises me that customers still allows themselves to be used as pawns in this game.

Message 102 of 143 (3,933 Views)
Voyager

I don't see how this will ever go through. Why would ATT allow a Comcast channel on their service. It makes no sense to have a competing cable providers specific channel.

I will be breaking my contract with ATT by March. I've got to have my Dynamo!

Message 103 of 143 (3,868 Views)

[ Edited ]

thebeachbumm wrote:

I don't see how this will ever go through. Why would ATT allow a Comcast channel on their service. It makes no sense to have a competing cable providers specific channel.

I will be breaking my contract with ATT by March. I've got to have my Dynamo!

You are completely wrong in that assumption.  It isn't whether they would allow a comcast channel or not, it's the price that is the issue.  Complain to the sports team owners.  Comcast owns NBC, AT&T carries NBC and subsequent other channels and TW has the Lakers on UVerse.

Message 104 of 143 (3,841 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Is AT&T going to pick up the Comcast Sports Network

I got the Rockets and Astros last year.  Now they are gone.  What's up AT&T?

Message 105 of 143 (3,718 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.