COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

Teacher

COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

I HAVE A QUESTION, I ASKED THIS BEFORE LAST YEAR AND NOTHING WAS SAID, SO I WAITED,,, ON OCTOBER 1ST 2012 WHICH IS ON MONDAY,, COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON WILL START.. MOVING THE ROCKETS AND ASTROS TO THE NETWORK..... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL GET THAT CHANNEL AND WEHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE ON

THANK YOU

Message 19 of 143 (46,992 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

texasguy37 wrote:

Here is an interesting article:

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/2012/11/csn-houston-ad-in-chronicle-asks-for-fans-support-in-carri...

Yep, time for a new spasm of OPW.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 61 of 143 (5,066 Views)
Voyager

Re: Comcast Sportsnet Houston

Don't blame Uverse.  Comcast is the Devil.  The Astros & Rockets screwed their own fans by signing a deal with Comcast.

Message 62 of 143 (4,740 Views)
Expert

Message 63 of 143 (4,681 Views)

No wonder providers are balking.  At those prices I'm really surprised AT&T picked up the TWC Lakers channel.  Granted the market for the Lakers is bigger, but still. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 64 of 143 (4,636 Views)
Expert

$3.40 a month is up towards the range that ESPN costs per month per subscriber, and that's for about 6 channels. That's ridiculous for 2 pro sports teams.

If I was DirecTV, Dish, or AT&T, I'd tell Comcast exactly where they can shove that fee.

Message 65 of 143 (4,553 Views)
Expert

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

If I was DirecTV, Dish, or AT&T, I'd tell Comcast exactly where they can shove that fee.

LOL.  So far, that seems to be what the TV providers are telling them.

Message 66 of 143 (4,538 Views)
Highlighted

Can't say I blame them at those prices.  Could be why no one has signed up for that channel.  Good job Rockets and Astros, way to win fans.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 67 of 143 (4,523 Views)
Expert

Not to mention that right now, for $5 you can get fairly decent Astros seats, including bullpen or mezzanine.

Plus for another $10, there's a beer and a foot long Texas chili dog with your name on it.
Message 68 of 143 (4,513 Views)

SomeJoe7777 wrote:
Not to mention that right now, for $5 you can get fairly decent Astros seats, including bullpen or mezzanine.

Plus for another $10, there's a beer and a foot long Texas chili dog with your name on it.

But that's about $14 too much for the 'Stro's.  Smiley Wink

Message 69 of 143 (4,513 Views)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

Astros fan here. I'd just like to point out and say that you are overestimating thier value.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 70 of 143 (4,490 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

oufanindallas wrote:

There's a second team involved.  You can watch them play baseball.  Smiley Very Happy

Also, as I understand it, when other teams play the Astros they frequently hit balls into the seats of the outfield.  Seeing as how there's no one there, these balls are easily retrievable as souvenirs for the kids.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 71 of 143 (4,488 Views)

I will say the Astro's are my 2nd favorite Texas baseball team.  Also, since I'm from Oklahoma and Houston and Texas have now swapped minor league teams, I do hope they do better since the Oklahoma Redhawks are near and dear to my heart.

Message 72 of 143 (4,436 Views)
Contributor

This is the deal. I've been a U-verse bundle subscriber since they came to Houston. Great service for a long time, but you lost me on this one. I would have paid an additional fee for CSN Houston. I called, you said sorry, I said bye. I'm sure there will be more to follow. End of story.

Message 73 of 143 (4,014 Views)

reajigsaw413 wrote:

This is the deal. I've been a U-verse bundle subscriber since they came to Houston. Great service for a long time, but you lost me on this one. I would have paid an additional fee for CSN Houston. I called, you said sorry, I said bye. I'm sure there will be more to follow. End of story.

Hope you are going to Comcrap as they are the only provider that has the station.  Call the Rockets and Astro's management team and tell them your feelings and how the care so little for their fans.

Message 74 of 143 (4,004 Views)
ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

reajigsaw413 wrote:

Hope you are going to Comcrap as they are the only provider that has the station.  Call the Rockets and Astro's management team and tell them your feelings and how the care so little for their fans.

Oufanindallas: I wish that when someone registers for this forum, their city or town location could be indicated in the registration. This way when someone like this OPW registers only to make an announcement that he is leaving U-Verse, we would know what alternative television providers that person has.

Since this OPW most likely will never post again, we will never know which provider he switched to.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Message 75 of 143 (3,993 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.