Ask a question

Posted Sep 23, 2012
    8:34:18 PM
    View profile
    COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

I HAVE A QUESTION, I ASKED THIS BEFORE LAST YEAR AND NOTHING WAS SAID, SO I WAITED,,, ON OCTOBER 1ST 2012 WHICH IS ON MONDAY,, COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON WILL START.. MOVING THE ROCKETS AND ASTROS TO THE NETWORK..... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ATT UVERSE WILL GET THAT CHANNEL AND WEHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE ON

THANK YOU

142 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (142)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 15, 2012 8:18:52 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Not being up front?  The way sports teams change channels now days it's hard to keep up with who is playing where.  If the Rockets and Astro's hadn't decide to bolt from Fox Sports Houston it wouldn't be an issue.  However they have gone to a different channel that is not as widely carried now.  So the agent that told you that more than likely doesn't even realize that they have moved to a different channel.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Rockets Channel

31 of 143 (6,682 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 22, 2012 1:51:46 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Does anyone know if you can trade the Longhorn Network for Comcast Sports Net Houston?  Seriously, its stupid you can't watch the home team. 

Re: COMCAST SPORTS NET HOUSTON

32 of 143 (6,480 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 29, 2012 1:59:59 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Why hasn't this deal gotten done?  I'm gonna drop UVerse like a rock if I can't watch the Rockets starting on wednesday!

Comcast Sportsnet Houston

33 of 143 (5,795 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 29, 2012 5:07:26 PM
    (0)
    Scholar
    I would trade you the Longhorn channel for the gum on the bottom of your shoe.

34 of 143 (5,740 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 29, 2012 7:11:23 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Ish Kabibble wrote:
    I would trade you the Longhorn channel for the gum on the bottom of your shoe.

We all understand you don't want the Longhorn network, but what does that have to do with Comcast Sports Net Houston.

You've also wanted the Pac-12 and the TWC Lakers network, so are you even in an area that will get the games?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

35 of 143 (5,687 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 30, 2012 1:38:54 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    I never said I wanted the PAC 12 or TWC Lakers. I live in Ohio. Not sure who's post your reading. The trade reference was in regard to the above poster saying he would trade longhorn for Comcast Houston.

36 of 143 (5,611 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2012 6:13:59 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

I wanted to register my disappointment that a deal has not been reached. 

Not being able to get local sports teams when I pay as much as I do a month is not acceptable.

Re: CSN Houston

37 of 143 (5,272 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2012 6:15:36 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

Bug_1 wrote:

I wanted to register my disappointment that a deal has not been reached. 

Not being able to get local sports teams when I pay as much as I do a month is not acceptable.

Contact Comcast SportsNet Houston.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/10/comcast-providers-yet-to-reach-deals-on-rockets-games/

38 of 143 (5,268 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2012 9:30:45 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Looks to me like Comcast is overvaluing their product.  Considering games will be blacked out outside of Houston the price they are wanting must be extremely high for the so called "big boys" to have not reached a deal yet.

39 of 143 (5,186 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2012 10:36:50 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

oufanindallas wrote:

Looks to me like Comcast is overvaluing their product.  Considering games will be blacked out outside of Houston the price they are wanting must be extremely high for the so called "big boys" to have not reached a deal yet.

That's true for the Rockets' basketball games; however, this channel will also have the Houston Astros baseball games.  All of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and part of New Mexico are in the Astros' territory.  Thus, their games will not be subject to blackout in those areas.

40 of 143 (5,146 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2012 4:31:54 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

That's true for the Rockets' basketball games; however, this channel will also have the Houston Astros baseball games.  All of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and part of New Mexico are in the Astros' territory.  Thus, their games will not be subject to blackout in those areas.

You mean Houston has a baseball team? Smiley Very Happy

41 of 143 (4,963 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2012 6:24:36 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

texasguy37 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

You mean Houston has a baseball team? Smiley Very Happy

A minor league in Sugar Land and apparently a farm league for the Yankees called the "Astros".

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
    PSN: americangame
    Steam:americangame
    When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

42 of 143 (4,806 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2012 9:31:41 PM
    (0)
    Scholar
    The Houston Astros are a young team with a brand new owner and a brand new stadium. They are moving to the American League where they might form a natural rivalry with the Texas Rangers. Since I live in Ohio Uverse getting Comcast Sportsnet does not matter to me. But for Astros fans it means a lot. For the apologists who rule this forum to belittle them is low even for them.

43 of 143 (4,737 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 3:52:15 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Ish Kabibble wrote:
    The Houston Astros are a young team with a brand new owner and a brand new stadium. They are moving to the American League where they might form a natural rivalry with the Texas Rangers. Since I live in Ohio Uverse getting Comcast Sportsnet does not matter to me. But for Astros fans it means a lot. For the apologists who rule this forum to belittle them is low even for them.

I'm well aware of who the Houston Astros are, and being a Ranger fan there is already a "friendly" in-state rivalry.   Trust me, I would like nothing more than all these new sports networks to be added, but Comcast has no real incentive to keep the prices reasonable since they have overpaid for the exclusive rights. A big part of the blame goes to the Rockets and the Astros for not really caring about their fans and moving to a new network without any carriage agreements.

44 of 143 (4,708 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 6:08:02 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Ish Kabibble wrote:
    .... . the apologists who rule this forum ....

Sigh.  Move along, nothing new to see here, folks. 

45 of 143 (4,686 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 6:21:31 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

Well, Harden had 37 points last night in his Rockets debut.......good thing I had UVERSE so I could watch it........OR NOT.  I dont care who's fault it is that 50% of the city of Houston cant even watch the Rockets.  Just get the freaking deal done.  

46 of 143 (4,666 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 6:24:37 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

You don't care that it's really the ROCKETS' own fault?  In a quest for more money, they jumped to a new channel that didn't have carriage agreements in place?

Sigh.

47 of 143 (4,659 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 7:48:18 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    Actually The Rockets and the Astros have partial ownership in the channel so it made financial sense for them to jump to this channel since they now make money off of the ad revenue even when they arent playing.
    -------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
    PSN: americangame
    Steam:americangame
    When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

48 of 143 (4,625 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 7:53:24 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

americangame wrote:
    Actually The Rockets and the Astros have partial ownership in the channel so it made financial sense for them to jump to this channel since they now make money off of the ad revenue even when they arent playing.

However, if noone is carrying the channel it really doesn't do them any good.

49 of 143 (4,619 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 8:00:06 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

americangame wrote:

However, if noone is carrying the channel it really doesn't do them any good.

Yep.  No carriage, no viewers, no ratings, no ad revenue.

But, again, what they saw:  $$$.  What they didn't give a rip about: fans.

50 of 143 (4,608 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 8:19:40 AM
    (0)
    Expert

americangame wrote:

If that's the case, then the Astros and Rockets have a say in negotiation deals with other providers, even if Comcast objects.

51 of 143 (4,715 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 1:22:33 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I might care that its the Rocekts' own fault, but whats done there is done.  They aren't going to cancel their deal with comcast.  If ATT doesn't get the channel within a week, I'll be dropping my service.  My 6 month deal with the lower rate is almost up anyway.  

52 of 143 (4,577 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 1:34:53 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I think I'd switch teams, but do what you gotta do. 

53 of 143 (4,567 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2012 7:41:04 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

zoork34 wrote:

I might care that its the Rocekts' own fault, but whats done there is done.  They aren't going to cancel their deal with comcast.  If ATT doesn't get the channel within a week, I'll be dropping my service.  My 6 month deal with the lower rate is almost up anyway.  

Hope you have Comcast in your area, that's the only provider that's carrying it.

54 of 143 (4,422 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 2, 2012 6:14:57 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Go here and demand it..

http://www.iwantcsnhouston.com/ 

Re: Rockets Channel

55 of 143 (4,341 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 2, 2012 8:55:48 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Yes, they do have comcast in my area.  I chose Uverse over them when I moved in.  I know thats the only stupid provider carrying it, and I know its the rockets' fault for getting into this stupid deal.  I hate comcast, but I hate living in a city where I cant watch the local team even worse. 

56 of 143 (3,993 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 2, 2012 10:34:26 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert
    Edited by texasguy37 on Nov 2, 2012 at 10:35:41 PM

zoork34 wrote:

Yes, they do have comcast in my area.  I chose Uverse over them when I moved in.  I know thats the only stupid provider carrying it, and I know its the rockets' fault for getting into this stupid deal.  I hate comcast, but I hate living in a city where I cant watch the local team even worse. 

Maybe Comcast has less incentive to negotiate fair carriage deals because they can use the channel, which they own, as a means to steal customers from their competitors.  It is interesting that no major provider has reached an agreement with them.

[ Edited ]
    57 of 143 (3,969 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 4, 2012 9:22:55 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

No offense, but obviously you're not a huge sports fan, or at least not a fan of one team.  You dont just switch teams.  I'm not loyal to some stupid cable company that I've only had for 5 months over a team that I've followed my whole life, even if they do make questionable business decisions.  Heck, maybe I'll just keep switching companies based on whether its basketball season or not!  Keep getting the good intro rates! 

58 of 143 (3,553 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 5, 2012 6:09:36 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by JefferMC on Nov 5, 2012 at 6:09:50 AM

I dropped a pro sports team I had followed all my life when they treated their longtime coach in a shoddy way.

This team is treating its fans in a shoddy way.  Seems more personal to me.  Whatever.

[ Edited ]
    59 of 143 (3,512 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 5, 2012 10:23:38 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

60 of 143 (3,457 Views)